Thanksgiving Plans?????

H

HT2

Where you gonna be?????

What you gonna eat??????

Are you gonna hunt???????

Talk to me...... :) :) :)

Arrow Flinger

Thanksgiving dinner for my young'uns on Sunday, Supper at Maw in Laws on Wednsday night. Dinner at Mama's on Thursday noon and then head for the farm. The whole family is going and we will hunt till sometime Sunday. Can't wait!

hunter rich

I will be leaving Sat. morning for the long drive to NY. I will spend Sunday getting things moved into camp with my friend and visiting my daughter (lives up there with her mom) Thanksgiving day will be spent at my friends brothers hunting in the morning and eating and watching football the rest of the day :bounce: maybe go out for a short afternoon hunt.. then back to camp until i leave sat night or sunday am. My better half will be going to FL with the kids and probably do a day at Disney.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Me and Mama were selected for the Duke's Creek Quota hunt!

We'll be camping or Lodging at Unicoi! We haven't decided yet just how rough we're going to make it! :D

The wife wants to camp!

I want a room w/ hot water! :fine:

Handgunner

Jeff Young said:
The wife wants to camp!

I want a room w/ hot water! :fine:

Now there's something you don't see everyday -- a woman that wants to rough it and her husband that wants a motel and all the luxuries... :D

As for me, God willing, I'll be hunting Thanksgiving morning... It's like an annual thing, you hunt on Thanksgiving day -- it's a gimme.

Then lunch at my aunts where all the family can attend - and back in the woods that evening.

Then Saturday, Thanksgiving dinner will be here at the house when my brothers arrive from Canton... :)

SlipperyHill Mo

New Orleans Bound

Going to New Awlins with girlfriend, daughters, son in law and grandson to have T'giving with my parents and most of my 8 siblings.

Turkey is on the menu.

May get to hunt Saturday on way back in Alabama, but probably not.

fasn8nmom

On vacation the ENTIRE week. Get to leave Sat before Thanksgiving :yeah: We will hunt till Wed night, come home for Lunch with the family, leave Thur evening going back to the deer woods :clap: You gotta LOVE IT :p

frankwright

My wife,through attrition,has become the Matriarch of her family. Therefore we will be feeding about 23 people.
The menu is one turkey in the oven,one deep fried,Mac and cheese(from scratch)mashed potatoes,cornbread dressing W giblet gravy,cranberries,Green beans,rolls,sweat tea and wine.

I don't hunt on thanksgiving but usually the day after is a tradition.

H

HT2

Frank.....

Man, that's a lot of groceries!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure ya'll will have one heckuva time....... :clap: :clap:

mikel

family gathering on sunday
head to the club in wilkes county tuesday
eat again thursday and hunt thru sat evening come home sunday

Duramax

I am headed to south Fla hunting on this Thurs- next Sat. doing thanksgiving with the family down there. I cant wait til Thurs. It is going to be unreal!

Meriwether Mike

Will have Thanksgiving dinner with the family at 1pm on Thanksgiving day and then head to the woods to hunt through Sunday. Will have more than we can eat on Thanksgiving day and then be looking for something to eat by Friday.

Glenn

I am going to my Aunt's in Crystal River Florida to eat and fill up my gut :bounce: Then I am heading to Hazelhurst Georgia to pickup a new hunting companion.....A Female Beagle Pup :clap:

Then I am going to drive 2 more hours up to the lease in Millen and hunt till Monday morning.

I will be the only one at the camp this weekend so it will be nice and quite. Plus I can get my new little dog used to the woods

reylamb

My folks are coming and bringing some of my sisters kids on Wednesday. On Thursday, I will be hunting, whether or not my dad comes I do not know yet, but I am sure he will.

The dinner menu is not set in stone, but will definitely have turkey, smoked or fried has not yet been decided yet either, it depends on the weather. Thrusday afternoon / evening will be NFL in High Definition on the big screen....or a nap.....or hunting....or who knows....

Friday, hunting, Saturday, hunting....

stumpman

Banned
Thursday my whole family is comeing down from NC for thanksgiving then sat we are haveing about 70 folks for a family reunion im cooking 13 slabs of ribs and a case of leg quarters and 15 lbs of breast and some smoked deer sausage to snack on while the rest is cooking and my maw is makeing homemade tater salad its the best around some eat it for desert of yeah i forgot i gotta cook a big pot of collards also so i will hunt sat am for a very short time if at all happy thanksgiving to all you guys at woodys. Stumpman. oh yea i forgot i will be hunting thurs im takeing my 7 yr old nephew whos never hunted to try and get his first deer so wish him luck see yall.

Last edited:

Jeff Phillips

Thursday is the big gathering at my Mom and Dad's with my brothers and their kids (my sister will already be at camp).

Our menu:
Big Oven Roasted Turkey
Honey Baked Ham
Corn Bread Dressing
Gravy
Mashed Taters
Sweet Tater Casserole with lots of pecans and brown sugar on top :p
Squash Casserole
Cranberry Relish
Green Beans
Fried Oysters (a family tradition)
Home Made Mac & Cheese
Salad ::huh:
Yeast Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Sweet Tea
Lots of Coffee :yeah:

Friday morning we are heading to camp. For the 1st time EVER my wife and mom-in-law are going :clap: My sister and her family will be there, so Tater Tot will have plenty of cousins to go nuts with ;)

When we get there we will eat some more :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts