That one doe that busts you every time!

Thread starter #9

devolve

Thanks everyone, but no dice. 2nd deer in 27 years of bow hunting I’ve lost. Spent 4 hours looking until I couldn’t go any farther (no land owner permission). I hate it! I don’t like the fact that the animal went to waste. We live on venison in our house.
Depressing

Thread starter #14

devolve

That happens sometimes. Look on the bright side- a lot of other critters will benefit from it if she’s dead. AND..... she still won’t be busting you anymore!
That’s what I told my buddy that was helping me trail. It just sucks not putting your hands on something you killed.
The area is saturated with does, so from a biology perspective it’s all good, one less dominate female in the heard.
I hate losing the meat 110%. Back at it tomorrow though.
I did pass a large bear an hour before she came in.

Thread starter #17

devolve

Sure not a good feeling. First time I lost one I wanted to put my bow down for a little bit but I knew I had to keep at it. Good luck on your next outing.
That’s what I did years ago. Didn’t hunt the rest of that year with a bow. This time I have a different mindset. I’m actually back in the same tree right now. It poured down rain about an hour after I left here yesterday. The woods are damp and all I can hear is the white oaks dropping. Even if I don’t see anything today it’s a win for me mentally to be back out here stick bow in hand.