That one doe that busts you every time!

Hillbilly stalker

Ain't nothing like a old nanner head grey faced heifer to bust you every time. Hope you in's her and post her picture!

devolve

Thanks everyone, but no dice. 2nd deer in 27 years of bow hunting I’ve lost. Spent 4 hours looking until I couldn’t go any farther (no land owner permission). I hate it! I don’t like the fact that the animal went to waste. We live on venison in our house.
Depressing

devolve

That happens sometimes. Look on the bright side- a lot of other critters will benefit from it if she’s dead. AND..... she still won’t be busting you anymore!

That’s what I told my buddy that was helping me trail. It just sucks not putting your hands on something you killed.
The area is saturated with does, so from a biology perspective it’s all good, one less dominate female in the heard.
I hate losing the meat 110%. Back at it tomorrow though.
I did pass a large bear an hour before she came in.

devolve

Sure not a good feeling. First time I lost one I wanted to put my bow down for a little bit but I knew I had to keep at it. Good luck on your next outing.
That’s what I did years ago. Didn’t hunt the rest of that year with a bow. This time I have a different mindset. I’m actually back in the same tree right now. It poured down rain about an hour after I left here yesterday. The woods are damp and all I can hear is the white oaks dropping. Even if I don’t see anything today it’s a win for me mentally to be back out here stick bow in hand.