The 5-Heaviest Whitetail Deer Ever Killed – On record

RootConservative

https://feathernettoutdoors.com/the-5-heaviest-whitetail-deer-ever-killed-on-record/

A friend from work forwarded this link to me today. Pretty incredible I've never seen deer this big.

#5. Unknown
Field Dressed Weight: No Field Dress Weight
Weight On Hoof: 412-Lbs
Clerron County, PA

#4. Shorty Buck
Field Dressed Weight: No Dressed Weight
Estimated Weight On Hoof: 430-Lbs
Maine, 2009

#3. Harace R. Hincklay
Field Dressed Weight: 355-Lbs
Estimated Weight On Hoof: 451-Lbs
Maine, 1955

#2. Carl Lenander Jr.
After searching everywhere on the internet, I was unable to find a photo pf this giant! As you can see this deer is in the #2 spot. This was a record that held for over 50-years. Carl Lenander Jr. Record was broke by the deer shot in our #1 Spot!
Field Dressed Weight: 402-Lbs
Estimated Weight On Hoof: 511 pounds
November day in 1926, Minnesota

#1. John Annett
This is the heaviest whitetail deer ever killed. It broke the 50-year record held by the #2 Spot! This deer is one of the biggest that I have ever seen and one that could hold the record for a very long time!
Field Dressed Weight: 431-Lbs
Estimated Weight On Hoof: 540-Lbs
Ontario, 1977

The story on Horace Hinkley's deer is a good one. Horace was a pretty old fella when he shot that monster. I believe it was first weighed on unofficial scales before bringing it back after a couple days of hanging and drying, and they got the 355 lbs then. I'll see if I can locate the picture of old Horace standing next to the monster hanging there.

My bigeest ever was a Maine buck, but a mere 225 lbs, dressed, baby...lol.

hinkleybuck-590x594.png

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Shot a Jasper co. Buck that was 240 FD.
Shot an Illinois buck that was 280 FD.

Still these are much, much larger. Wow!

Timberman

There was a 355# field dressed buck shot in Dougherty or Colquitt County or one of those counties years back. It was in "Georgia's Greatest Whitetails" by Duncan Dobie.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Giants for sure! My largest was 275 on the hoof and seeing his massive size reminded me of all the over estimates folks make on how much a deer weighs.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What about the one Boyd Jones killed in Worth County in 1972 that field dressed 355 pounds?

And one my buddy, the Late Dr. Kenny Waldrop killed on Wiregrass Plantation in Worth County in the early 1980s that weighed 418 pounds on the hoof?

Timberman

What about the one Boyd Jones killed in Worth County in 1972 that field dressed 355 pounds?

And one my buddy, the Late Dr. Kenny Waldrop killed on Wiregrass Plantation in Worth County in the early 1980s that weighed 418 pounds on the hoof?

The Boyd Jones buck was the one I was thinking about.

Bowcephus

Banned
My uncle’s buddy’s cousin killed one well over 500 pounds in twiggs county. It was as big as a Volkswagen and filled up the whole bed of a pick up truck?

Mako22

BANNED
For years I weighed all my deer because I got tired of folks over estimated their deer's weight. After weighing about 40 in the last 12 years I think I have a good idea of what one weighs by looking at it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have never killed one that broke 200. A mature buck here usually runs around 175.

shdw633

first deer.jpg

305 dress weight, Michigan.