The Best Way to catch Carp

Alcaraz

Lots of people fish for big carp in Spain, me not.
They usually do it with boilies and hair rig. It seems the better way to focus on bigger ones...
They also use sonars to find the better spots and throw a lot of these boilies there several days to get the carp used to the bait and the place...
It’s not unusual to catch big carp up to 30-40 lbs with this method...
Other people also fish them on the fly or with ultra light tackle and very tiny lures.

pine nut

Try this for fun: Get a can of nibblets corn anchor in place and throw a handful of corn out as far as you can, then using a flyrod and a small hook put a few kernels on about a #8 hook and no weight. Gently cast it to where you baited with the handful. let it sit. I highly recommend holding your pole if ya want to keep it. You can figure out the rest.
In late may and june if you look in the backs of coves you can see dozens of carp. This is deadly then. , and what a fight!. If you are fly fishing and spot a carp anywhere you can reach it, put your fly a couple of feeti in front and he's probably yours. I have seen huge carp in Lake Lanier skimming bugs off the top and some doing it in a hundred feet of water. Easy pickins there with a fly (I use a self tied black gnat), but they don't come to the boat easily! Great practice for fly rod fighting a big fish!

Try this for fun: Get a can of nibblets corn anchor in place and throw a handful of corn out as far as you can, then using a flyrod and a small hook put a few kernels on about a #8 hook and no weight. Gently cast it to where you baited with the handful. let it sit. I highly recommend holding your pole if ya want to keep it. You can figure out the rest.
In late may and june if you look in the backs of coves you can see dozens of carp. This is deadly then. , and what a fight!. If you are fly fishing and spot a carp anywhere you can reach it, put your fly a couple of feeti in front and he's probably yours. I have seen huge carp in Lake Lanier skimming bugs off the top and some doing it in a hundred feet of water. Easy pickins there with a fly (I use a self tied black gnat), but they don't come to the boat easily! Great practice for fly rod fighting a big fish!
Unusual for carp to be in the middle of the lake.. They usually stick to the shallows.

Buckman18

I’m the type of person who doesn’t believe what people tell him. I heard people say that gar aren’t good to eat, so I tried them. Gar are good.

Carp suck. They taste nothing at all like catfish. Catfish have firm white delicious meat. Carp have dark oily fishy meat. I have tried them and they suck IMO. If you like strong fishy fish you’ll like them.

Several years back I had bears raid the deer feeder at my house in Clay County, when I lived in NC. My grandparents have a house on Chatuge, and I caught 8 big carp off the dock one day and put them next to the deer feeder. I hung them 3-4 ft off the ground, thought it’d be cool to get some trail cam pics of bears eating carp. Even the bears wouldn’t touch them...

Several years back I had bears raid the deer feeder at my house in Clay County, when I lived in NC. My grandparents have a house on Chatuge, and I caught 8 big carp off the dock one day and put them next to the deer feeder. I hung them 3-4 ft off the ground, thought it’d be cool to get some trail cam pics of bears eating carp. Even the bears wouldn’t touch them...
You know its bad when the bears won't touch them Lol!