The best way to contribute to hunting

ddd-shooter

... Is to stand up for it.
That said, there's a new website/group called Howl for Wildlife. I am in no way affiliated. I'm not very well researched on them, but this is from their website:
"Our goal is to provide you with the simplest, most efficient tools to take action on legislative issues that pose a threat to wildlife conservation. Furthermore Howl For Wildlife will provide you with the resources to get involved with local events, like how to effectively make your voice heard at wildlife commission meetings, and how to get PRO wildlife management laws onto the books. Our actions will always be fast, easy and powerful. Our goal is 1 million action takers."

I first heard about them in regards to the Washington State spring bear season. @Swampdogg posted their link.
I then used their link to comment on all of the anti hunting legislation being proposed around the country.
Didn't take five minutes. It's a very intuitive website with links to multiple initiatives that are currently aimed at taking away hunting rights across the country. I urge ALL of us to sign their petitions to stop anti hunting legislation. It's simple. Add your name and email address to a form letter and boom, you've submitted comments to the correct agency or legislators.
They've also got links to particular bill sponsors, commissioners, etc.

Here's the direct link to find the causes to support:
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action

With all the talk about how much TV people and money-making personalities do for wildlife, I figure this is a good way for us "ordinary folk" to contribute as well.../sarcasm

Last edited:

Swampdogg

... Is to stand up for it.
That said, there's a new website/group called Howl for Wildlife. I am in no way affiliated. I'm not very well researched on them, but this is from their website:
"Our goal is to provide you with the simplest, most efficient tools to take action on legislative issues that pose a threat to wildlife conservation. Furthermore Howl For Wildlife will provide you with the resources to get involved with local events, like how to effectively make your voice heard at wildlife commission meetings, and how to get PRO wildlife management laws onto the books. Our actions will always be fast, easy and powerful. Our goal is 1 million action takers."

I first heard about them in regards to the Washington State spring bear season. @Swampdogg posted their link.
I then used their link to comment on all of the anti hunting legislation being proposed around the country.
Didn't take five minutes. It's a very intuitive website with links to multiple initiatives that are currently aimed at taking away hunting rights across the country. I urge ALL of us to sign their petitions to stop anti hunting legislation. It's simple. Add your name and email address to a form letter and boom, you've submitted comments to the correct agency or legislators.
They've also got links to particular bill sponsors, commissioners, etc.

With all the talk about how much TV people and money-making personalities do for wildlife, I figure this is a good way for us "ordinary folk" to contribute as well.../sarcasm
Thank you so much for sharing this and articulating the all the words I haven’t been able to get out. I really appreciate it.

ddd-shooter

Just saw where Washington is starting the rule making process for spring bear.
That is a win. Keep the comments going!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Buy a license and hunt. Attend any meetings in your area related to any outdoor activity. All are important. I did my years of attending meetings and supporting a game commission. Joined several organizations related to the outdoors, and served as president for three of them. Too many people think someone else will do it. Be that "someone else".

ddd-shooter

Buy a license and hunt. Attend any meetings in your area related to any outdoor activity. All are important. I did my years of attending meetings and supporting a game commission. Joined several organizations related to the outdoors, and served as president for three of them. Too many people think someone else will do it. Be that "someone else".
Great advice. We always take things for granted until they’re gone.
Thanks for being active. Now it’s on us in the next generation to carry it on.

Whit90

Most of what’s on the chopping block is predator hunting. Some may not care about predator hunting and therefore may not really care about what happens to another states predator season. But if we give an inch they will take a mile. We should all care about what is going on across the country regarding our hunting rights no matter the species, because if it can happen there, it can happen here. As already said, it’s really quick and easy to send out your input on howl for wildlife. The letter is already pre written. Y’all get on it!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Take a kid hunting
^That's^ the best way to contribute to hunting.

That goes for everything outdoors.

And Ill add to it. Get them their Hunters Certification. They can carry that until they die across the country. Which will allow them to take their children by buying a tag or license..

GET ANYONE OUTDOORS!

Last edited:

ddd-shooter

^That's^ the best way to contribute to hunting.

That goes for everything outdoors.

And Ill add to it. Get them their Hunters Certification. They can carry that until they die across the country. Which will allow them to take their children by buying a tag or license..

GET ANYONE OUTDOORS!
Agree, but if we don't speak up for our legal opportunities, it may not be long that you won't be able to take a kid anywhere.
You certainly can't take a kid bear hunting in New Jersey, or spring bear in Washington. No mountain lions in Cali, etc

Swampdogg

Here is some proof this stuff works. When we have so many that are against all forms of what we do in the outdoors ,when we team up and fight back even if not in our state or what we hunt for changes happen and the possibility of preserving our way of life or others continues. This helps everyone, the small game hunters , waterfowlers , big game , dog runners , predator hunters , and FUTURE HUNTERS everyone. The other day I watched the Washington commission come to an agreement about their spring bear season that was almost removed because of a technicality of a date. Now they may have a chance of getting the season back because hunters from everywhere spoke up.
The Howl page just makes it easier for folks to be heard. I for sure cant write an email that greatly worded to send to a politician. They take the guess work out and have it ready to go soon as another bill gets introduced trying to take away our hunting privileges.

Attachments

• B5060C12-93DF-4FC0-8B4B-A49B9F35E817.png
    B5060C12-93DF-4FC0-8B4B-A49B9F35E817.png
    285 KB · Views: 21
  • 1B9A6917-B45E-45E5-8CC2-2F79FCF1371C.png
    1B9A6917-B45E-45E5-8CC2-2F79FCF1371C.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 20
  • E5AC357F-5855-4331-8AAE-3B2DDCCA6505.png
    E5AC357F-5855-4331-8AAE-3B2DDCCA6505.png
    295.6 KB · Views: 17

ddd-shooter

Here is some proof this stuff works. When we have so many that are against all forms of what we do in the outdoors ,when we team up and fight back even if not in our state or what we hunt for changes happen and the possibility of preserving our way of life or others continues. This helps everyone, the small game hunters , waterfowlers , big game , dog runners , predator hunters , and FUTURE HUNTERS everyone. The other day I watched the Washington commission come to an agreement about their spring bear season that was almost removed because of a technicality of a date. Now they may have a chance of getting the season back because hunters from everywhere spoke up.
The Howl page just makes it easier for folks to be heard. I for sure cant write an email that greatly worded to send to a politician. They take the guess work out and have it ready to go soon as another bill gets introduced trying to take away our hunting privileges.
Glad to see we're helping. Thanks for sharing

SakoL61R

Fully agree with taking a kid or an adult shooting / hunting / or just into the outdoors.

Get involved at your local shooting range. Take the time to become a certified coach in your favorite shooting discipline. NRA_NSSA_NSCA_GISA_SCTP, etc.
Your experience coupled with professional training (certifications) is valuable and needed. Much more than you realize.

Having 50+ years of shotgun skills, I'm certified with several different organizations / disciplines for clay target shooting. I coach and pass on my life-learned skills to the up and coming generations year-round at a club and a school. As a volunteer and at no cost.
The Lord has blessed me in many ways when it comes to hunting and shooting. Giving back is the least I can do to promote both.
BTW-Coaching is extremely satisfying, and you'll be amazed at opportunities that come and doors that open when you get involved.