The big republican tax lie

I have done some looking around, and perhaps I was off base. The top 1% apparently received ONLY 38% of the benefits. The top 10% took 55%. So, yeah, I think it equitable in tough economic times to ask those who received the most benefit to help out a little more than those at the bottom.

http://www.epi.org/publication/tenth_anniversary_of_the_bush-era_tax_cuts/
I think waddlers politics are horiffic, but I'm quite sure I could sit in a duck blind and wax some green heads with him and have a good time. I don't think I could have breakfast with you without throwing my silverware at you.

grim

Moderate Anarchist and Retired Mod
Here you go. And before you whine about the source, the tax cuts are listed for you. If you don't trust Politifact, they have made it easy for you to look up each and every one.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...d-claims-democrats-passed-25-tax-cuts-last-y/
I had wondereed how long it would take you two to actually identify the tax cuts obama is so proud of.

Most are refundable credits, all are temporary and most didnt impact the middle class. All were part of the stimulus package.

From the article you lnked to:

Which leads us to the question of whether all of these 25 qualify as tax cuts?

"In a way this reminds me of Clinton's 'It depends on what your meaning of is is' comments," said Rosanne Altshuler, director of the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. "It depends on what you mean by tax cuts."
These cuts were heavily weighted toward the welfare slant and very few benefited the average working tax payer. Most would have had no impact on the graph from the OP.

I have been waiting for 4 days to see how long it would take you guys to even find out what the cuts were since they are buried in various places and like jimbo said, required action beyond just working and paying less. If this type of cut was given to the "rich", you would have labeled them loopholes, or subsidies.

But back to the op, this does not make schultz' interpretation of the graph correct.

Thread starter #163
The bottom line here is that MSNBC in general and Ed Shultz in particular have acomplished exactly what they intended. That is further separation/division and hostility between us as Americans.
Maybe! But has anyone bothered to challenge him with his pursuit of the truth with something they can truly debunk of what Shultz has presented as the truth, according to his information? Haven't seen one yet. People throw insults at it and nothing else. Still haven't seen any one with another tax chart besides what he presented the other day from CBO, that dismisses the claim of taxes going down. We have a lot of big shots on here with nothing but hot air. It's beginning to get boring. They can't even throw me a bone except for their own out of the sky opinions of what their masters on Fox news have told them. Then they paste the info on here as the gospel, which ends up being, no information.

jimbo4116

Retired Moderator
I had wondereed how long it would take you two to actually identify the tax cuts obama is so proud of.

Most are refundable credits, all are temporary and most didnt impact the middle class. All were part of the stimulus package.

These cuts were heavily weighted toward the welfare slant and very few benefited the average working tax payer. Most would have had no impact on the graph from the OP.

I have been waiting for 4 days to see how long it would take you guys to even find out what the cuts were since they are buried in various places and like jimbo said, required action beyond just working and paying less. If this type of cut was given to the "rich", you would have labeled them loopholes, or subsidies.

But back to the op, this does not make schultz' interpretation of the graph correct.
I can assure you this will be ignored. Why? Because it is the simple truth.

Other than the entertainment value of seeing the non responsive responses nothing is accomplished by pointing out the truth to those who do not want to see.

I am still waiting for a reason it is fair for me to subsidize some one else's power bill savings.

Maybe! But has anyone bothered to challenge him with his pursuit of the truth with something they can truly debunk of what Shultz has presented as the truth, according to his information? Haven't seen one yet. People throw insults at it and nothing else. Still haven't seen any one with another tax chart besides what he presented the other day from CBO, that dismisses the claim of taxes going down. We have a lot of big shots on here with nothing but hot air. It's beginning to get boring. They can't even throw me a bone except for their own out of the sky opinions of what their masters on Fox news have told them. Then they paste the info on here as the gospel, which ends up being, no information.
Truth??? You have to be kidding. These people wouldn't report the truth if it walked up and kissed them. Look what they did multiple times to video and audiotapes. They affect every facet of our lives with their spewing of "their truth." These people have about as much credibility as Eric Holder. Fox is pretty much the same except they haven't gotten caught.

As far as statistics from gov't agencies-who owns them? They have, I'm sure, statistics to support any story they have and/or tell. Just look what you did with their statistics. If you can do this with them, imagine what they do with them.

There is only one statistic that is important for your future. The relationship between the Upper, Middle and Lower Classes. All the rest are subject to manipulation and misrepresentation. From BOTH sides of the Aisle.

As the Middle Class goes, so goes the lives of you and your children.

You must not be looking at the same list of cuts as I am. Many of the ones I see directly impact the middle class, for example, the first-time home buyers credit, education tax credit, suspension of tax on unemployment, credit for home improvements, sales tax deduction for automobile purchases. And then of course there are many for small businesses.

So I don't get your "welfare slant" comment.

And I didn't offer this list as a comment on the graph in the OP, merely to point out that Obama has cut taxes for the middle class, as he promised he would.

I have done some looking around, and perhaps I was off base. The top 1% apparently received ONLY 38% of the benefits. The top 10% took 55%. So, yeah, I think it equitable in tough economic times to ask those who received the most benefit to help out a little more than those at the bottom.

http://www.epi.org/publication/tenth_anniversary_of_the_bush-era_tax_cuts/
This is how you know the link is bogus.

6 The Bush tax cuts were so expensive that they added greatly to the debt.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
You must not be looking at the same list of cuts as I am. Many of the ones I see directly impact the middle class, for example, the first-time home buyers credit, education tax credit, suspension of tax on unemployment, credit for home improvements, sales tax deduction for automobile purchases. And then of course there are many for small businesses.

And I didn't offer this list as a comment on the graph in the OP, merely to point out that Obama has cut taxes for the middle class, as he promised he would.
News flash, if you are on unemployment income, you are no longer middle class. ;)

grim

Moderate Anarchist and Retired Mod

They are not benefiting the middle class, they are benefiting people that are first time home buyers, are unemployed, buy a green auto or appliance, are in school, or that qualify for make work pay, or EITC, both of which are phased out over what we call the middle class.

Those arent tax cuts, those are subsidies.

News flash, if you are on unemployment income, you are no longer middle class. ;)
Yep, that lower class group is growing daily, and the middle class shrinks down, down, down. As the middle class goes. so goes the economy, down,down,down. You think you are safe, but when the economy goes far enough, you will go with it.

Nobody except the elite high class benefits in a depression. You are advocating for one with every post you make.

:biggrin3:

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
Yep, that lower class group is growing daily, and the middle class shrinks down, down, down. As the middle class goes. so goes the economy, down,down,down. You think you are safe, but when the economy goes far enough, you will go with it.

Nobody except the elite high class benefits in a depression. You are advocating for one with every post you make.

Thank God you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Thank God you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Great front you are putting up, but this cowboy has been in many rodeos , and this rodeo is going to follow the same rules.

When you get your depression, we will be able to communicate better.

" been bucked off and cracked his skull way too many times."

That is truer than you can even imagine.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
We're not from the government but we are here to help with that problem. :bounce: