The Bird Dog Puppy Thread

Coach K

Post photos/videos of puppies only.

gsppurist

Ruger's First Weekend home in July. The following photos were one month ago and last week, respectively.

I just started formal "Here" and "Kennel" commands last week. He is coming along great. Been on two quail and will be introducing to two more this weekend.

His pointing ability is starting to come out on a wing. Retrieving started also but he is inconsistent but that will come along soon enough.

I train him at night in the yard two to three times per week for about 30 minutes.

Trying to get him ready to run in the fields for this winter. I will be taking him to North Dakota this winter but will not be hunting in the group. Myself and another GSP owner will be running our pups separate so they don't interfere. We don't want to be "that guy and his dog"...again.

TG

Attachments

• IMG_4988.jpg
    IMG_4988.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 4,786
  • IMG_5063.jpg
    IMG_5063.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4,738
  • IMG_5145.jpg
    IMG_5145.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 4,695

Fat Albert

GSP how are you training here and kennel? I've been working on here. Cy is not consistent yet but he knows it... it's just that dang nose that leads him astray!

Fat Albert

Cyrus Von Heidbrink... looking all grumpy
image_zps6c6f5ce0.jpg

image_zps02e44740.jpg

JuliaH

This is Pearl, sister to Cy. She is learning to retrieve waterfowl and has now done her first water retrieve!

Attachments

• Pearl82713.jpg
    Pearl82713.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 4,645
Si, 6 months. Cooling down after 6 miles on the Oconee Greenway. Working on retrieving. Put him on live birds, we didn't have very much time or room, but he did well from what I could tell.

Attachments

• IMG_20130908_123844.jpg
    IMG_20130908_123844.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 4,592
  • IMG_20130918_133548.jpg
    IMG_20130918_133548.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 4,496

ryano

Banned
My Allie girl back in January 2012. This was the day I picked her up. She was 7 weeks old.

395734_2519795869864_709515415_n.jpg

Setter Jax

Great looking pups. Makes me want another pup for the kennel. lol:)

gsppurist

GSP how are you training here and kennel? I've been working on here. Cy is not consistent yet but he knows it... it's just that dang nose that leads him astray!

I follow George Hickox's videos. Clicker training to teach the command, followed by verbal cues. I am on verbal cues now. I have my wife helping a couple times a week with "here" command. I have several 24x24x10 and 24x24x4 wooden boxes for Whoa command (started last night) Wont use E-collar training for several more months.

B Man

Somewhere among this batch of heathens is going to be the newest and last member to the family. Still watching there little personalities grow to pick one. Pictures are from this week 4.5 week old pups, introducing to birds.

I'm getting a male this go around.
IMG_3803_zpsf40b8873.jpg

JuliaH

I love the look on the little Weim with her bird... she is completely determined to hold onto her prize! :)

Coach K

Some great photos all.

Fat Albert

Bman... The photo of Balie at 5 weeks is simply awesome! Those are the first weim pups I've seen... Gorgeous! Ok... that's not a word I could ever use on the waterfowl side.