The Braves from now til the playoffs 2019 (cont'd)

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Guess the bull "pin" thread shut down at 1000 posts.... Was gonna post is it too late to waive flowers when McCann comes back? :ROFLMAO: Man these new additions have really made a huge difference. AA looking legit

Horns

Guess the bull "pin" thread shut down at 1000 posts.... Was gonna post is it too late to waive flowers when McCann comes back? :ROFLMAO: Man these new additions have really made a huge difference. AA looking legit
I second waiving Flowers. Horrible catcher and horrible hitter

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
All these new guys act like they got a new lease on life. Cervelli had a great debut. Hope he can keep it up. Flowers can't avoid a pass ball to save his life.

Patriot44

Banned
P44 posted on August 5th
I don't believe that a closer is the total fix, not even close to be honest. The entire pitching game has changed from 20 years ago, whereas a starting pitcher would go 71/3 or 8 innings. Tommy Johns changed pitching forever, it's never going back in my opinion minus a couple of oddities.

Kid's these days are taught pitch count not innings from 8-9years old on, including my son. Thank god mine has no desire to be a pitcher.

Teams and pitchers have GOT to figure out how to stretch their pitch counts deeper into the game.

Folty went 7 on Friday and Big D went 7 today. This has to continue!

I like the Uni's and the nickname jersey's. The Bringer of Rain tied Hank today with 7 bombs in a single season against The Muts with one series left.

Patriot44

Banned
I want to add, I think the Bravo's have set themselves up to have trading power in December with a star-studded defense with players to trade, and have also set themselves up to be VERY appealing to a young pitching stud, or two.

Big D leading the pitching staff and Freddy leading the D, there is no way a young up and coming pitcher (or his agent) can overlook the young powerhouse D of the Braves and not want in on it.

I teach my young 12 year old pitchers to not worry about the runners and to ONLY worry about the batter. When you have a D like the Braves have, it's a pitchers dream!

Tehran has to go IMO.

Coenen

Folty went 7 on Friday and Big D went 7 today. This has to continue!

I like the Uni's and the nickname jersey's. The Bringer of Rain tied Hank today with 7 bombs in a single season against The Muts with one series left.
The all black unis were sharp, couldn't say the same for the all whites, though. Players' weekend is sort of fun, I like all of the little nicknames and tributes. Sure, a lot of them are lame, but there are a few that give you a smile and/or a chuckle. How about Donaldson's custom bat?

Still trying to ditch Teheran? I'd be comfortable with him as a 5 going forward, he's at that point in his career. Keuchel is no spring chicken either. Soroka and Fried have shown they belong at this level. I think Folty may actually be the guy they let go of. A good few outings down the stretch will pump up his value, and let AA potentially flip him for something of real worth.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
yall gotta give Julio some credit. He has pitched very well other than 1 start recently....esp post all star break. He keeps his head down and goes about his business. No distractions, seems to be a good role model to the young Latin American players. He's earned a little more than kicking to the curb in my opinion.

Duff

Amazing to win these games with all the rentals we have in there.

It really is. With any other team than Washington, the Braves would have pretty much put the division away the last couple of weeks. Kind of frustrating. But can you imagine the frustration in the Nationals club house? 10-1 the last 11 games and gained a grand total of 0 games in the east. Lol

Duff

I have 0 problems with Julio as long as he pitches like he has the last few weeks. I’m not talking about numbers either. I’m talking about going after guys Julio. Not, nibble nibble nibble. 85 pitches after 4 innings Julio.

He still scares me with “that inning “ though

BornToHuntAndFish

Impressive sweep & 80th win for the Braves in a close pitching battle as Keuchel goes deep in the game & with bats struggling to produce runs with only 3-hits along with a bullpen scare in the 9th giving up a run ending bullpen's great 25-inning scoreless streak, but thanks to Donaldson's 2-HR's that saved the win.

Sunday radio sports reported Swanson flying to Colorado for the next game Monday at 3:10pm ET with TV broadcast only on the MLB Youtube channel.

35-seconds

Time = 2:20

EC10413X4AAU7jx.jpg

EC12PzUUcAAyOB5.jpg

EC1sxH-XYAEV2Hk.jpg

EC11TflU0AAoLR6.jpg

EC1McojUUAE6lFH.jpg

EC1IuqdUcAAu579.jpg

(Posted before the game.)
EC1J5bPU4AYSld-.jpg

EC2gOGMWsAATAim.jpg

Patriot44

Banned
The all black unis were sharp, couldn't say the same for the all whites, though. Players' weekend is sort of fun, I like all of the little nicknames and tributes. Sure, a lot of them are lame, but there are a few that give you a smile and/or a chuckle. How about Donaldson's custom bat?

Still trying to ditch Teheran? I'd be comfortable with him as a 5 going forward, he's at that point in his career. Keuchel is no spring chicken either. Soroka and Fried have shown they belong at this level. I think Folty may actually be the guy they let go of. A good few outings down the stretch will pump up his value, and let AA potentially flip him for something of real worth.
Yea, just not sold on him. I think he is good for 5 but thats pushing it. He has been good of late, but worry about him in September.

The white uni’s looked like they were inside out!

Love the bat! Would get my son one but we are moving up a division and he is going to -5 from -10. Big change and we are working through the mechanics of it and will make bat decisions after November. Maybe a Christmas present. That and between DeMarini and Marucci, I dropped a grand on bats this spring and summer. Two broken wood bats on their first plate appearances and a Zen ‘bout broke me.

BornToHuntAndFish

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

I would keep High Foltage and let Teheran slide.