The Climate Change Hoax is Worse Than You Thought

Thread starter #1
The author, Pat Frank, is a Ph.D. chemist with the Stanford Linear Accelerator (SLAC) in Silicon Valley.

In my prior experience, climate modelers:
  • did not know to distinguish between accuracy and precision.
  • did not understand that ... a ±15 C temperature uncertainty is not a physical temperature.
  • confronted standard error propagation as a foreign concept.
  • did not understand the significance or impact of a calibration experiment.
  • did not understand the concept of instrumental or model resolution or that it has empirical limits
  • did not understand physical error analysis at all.

This article (a summary of the actual article posted below) is a great read and explains why all the climate models are bunk.

http://thesilicongraybeard.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-climate-change-hoax-is-worse-than.html

Source article...

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/09...f-global-air-temperature-projections-mark-ii/

to steal from someone else's registered trademark: ANWH

The fact is, almost everything from the source study was "common knowledge," even among the bishops and senior priests in the Church of the Holy Global Warming Catastrophy. They don't care about truth. All the researchers care about is publishing to enhance their careers (a few misguided exceptions there). Alll of the leaders (political and otherwise) care about is the power (mostly proven with money).

I suppose that I am one of the few non-commies that do believe in climate change. My problem with the left and their balls to the wall push of government mandated regulations is that I believe that the earth heats up and the earth cools down. That is climate change, just not the kind that commies want to hear.

Having said that, if you do not believe that the smog in LA during the 70's and 80's along with what China is doing (just two examples) doesn't have any effect on the climate, I believe you to be cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I suppose that I am one of the few non-commies that do believe in climate change. My problem with the left and their balls to the wall push of government mandated regulations is that I believe that the earth heats up and the earth cools down. That is climate change, just not the kind that commies want to hear.

Having said that, if you do not believe that the smog in LA during the 70's and 80's along with what China is doing (just two examples) doesn't have any effect on the climate, I believe you to be cutting your nose off to spite your face.
I agree with this statement. I think this argument often gets conflated. There is a difference in climate change and MAN MADE climate change. The earth has probably always experienced dramatic climate changes. Ice ages, for example.

That interview with Tucker Carlson and Bill Nye the Science Person comes to mind.

Thread starter #7

The Clean Air Act has been one of the most successful regulatory-driven 'clean-up' efforts in history. While GDP has exponentially grown in the US over the last 40 years, emissions, including CO2, have drastically declined. Image below is from an EPA presentation I attended last year.

1568301167709.png

Climate change happens. Pollution affects the ecosystem. It is not irreversible, as you have observed above in your post, nor is it causing cataclysmic change to temps or CO2 levels.

My bottom line on climate change - "Phooey". With no exclamation point. Just plain ole garden variety Phooey. My use of the word "Phooey" is actually just typing around the censor. :bounce:

I completely believe in Climate Change. It has always changed and it will always continue to change.

It's just the "never let a good crisis" go to waste Leftist/BigGovernment/Commie powers that are trying to take advantage of always present, natural processes to further their agenda that I object to.

If the climate did not change, this would be a airless world with a molten rock and metal surface. Climate changes. Over 4.6 billion years the climate has changed often. Even over the 90 to 120 million years that the earth has had an atmosphere that humans might be able to breathe, the climate has changed significantly. Since the rise of mammals as the principle land besed creature, the mean global temperature has been as much as 40 degrees colder and 25 degrees warmer (F), according to the best analyses of multiple research institutions.

Climate change is real and it is happening now. In fact, global warming is generally what is happening - and has been happening for about 15,000 years. There are several periods of cooling mixed in that "general warming," but overall global warming is real and now happening.

What politicians will not admit, and qwack science pretends to prove, is the human activity significantly impacts global climate. Yes, China's tens of 1,000s of coal fired electrical plants DO have an impact on the planet - mostly pollution, but also perhaps one ten-thousanth of one degree in warming over about 100 years (maybe, but from actual warming gas, not CO2). But nothing the US emits comes even up to a level that could possibly be quantified.

Yes, I am ticked off by the hack astrology pretending to be science, but what really chaps my backside, are the ignorant political bleeps who conflate pollution (a real problem) and climate in some perverse attempt to improve their quasi religion's position in the government money line!

Thread starter #16
Volcanoes should have to pay a carbon tax.
That one eruption in Iceland about 5 years ago that shut down all air traffic in Europe for several days released more CO2 into the atmosphere in a week than man has released since his existence.

But we should all stop doing things that add CO2 to the atmosphere, because, climate alarmism.

All the excess carbon will escape thru the ozone hole. We're saved!