The Compendium of Ridiculous Statements By "Buck Nasty".

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Browning Slayer

If it wasn't clear already, the message is very evident now: Tennessee is all in on football.

All IN! :rofl:

Please tell your football team that...

Browning Slayer

Check our 3 stars production done you like facts. Dig a little, look at our 3* offer list, Bama, Clemson, Ohio, UF, LSU offers. They must not be too much garbage. You know nothing about any recruits. You see the star ranking. Your an idgit with little man syndrome

2toq9a.jpg

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
"Y'all just don't understand, Butch is playing a vanilla offense"

Lord how many times did we hear that??????

brownceluse

“Fulmer is allowing Pruitt to build his program”

“Stars don’t matter”

“Pruitt killed it with this class”

“Chaney sucks y’all are going to hate him”

“Chaney is a vol again. Pruitt is a genius”

BuckNasty83

"Y'all just don't understand, Butch is playing a vanilla offense"

Lord how many times did we hear that??????
First game against an inferior opponent. Pretty common for teams to do. Why open up a playbook when you can out talent them? In that case it almost bit us in the butt. But Kirby has his moment with Nicholls State, so I don't care that we almost lost.

You ever play football John? When coach knows you can handle the guys, he lets you call the plays, make your own reads, work on your weaknesses, don't show much of your playbook cause you have a big opponent your saving certain formations for? Guess not if I have to explain this to so many arm chair coaches around here

brownceluse

Forest never played either. Coach Bear just told him run. So he did.

Another new buckyism “first game against an inferior opponent”

BuckNasty83

“Fulmer is allowing Pruitt to build his program”

“Stars don’t matter” It's about

“Pruitt killed it with this class”

“Chaney sucks y’all are going to hate him”

“Chaney is a vol again. Pruitt is a genius”

Yall are the ones saying Fulmer will get in the way of Pruitt and not allow him to do his thing. I just point out, that it's obvious he's not.

Here's the thing with why stars don't matter. They do and they don't. They do if you like to add titles to everything. They are a DECENT predictor of future production and a half hearted way to rank a class.

Why they don't? Because there is over 14,000 football teams in america with almost 1.2 MILLION PLAYERS. and your relying on a geek squad to ACCURATELY gauge each one of those players for a ranking? PLEASE. Only a handful of schools get attention, only a few thousand of those kids camp. A ton are overlooked if they are dominating in a weaker area.

Another thing with that is rankings are biased. Say a no name kid is discovered by Alabama. He gets an invite and works out and Saban offers. Boom, now the bandwagon jumps on and ranks him higher cause hes on Saban's radar. Some kids get a bump on offers alone, not talent. Some kids take a loss cause they commit to certain schools or choose not to travel to camps, or can't afford to leave their hometown. Some kids wont be ranked as high because they didn't get offers from certain schools. And we see way too many busts and way too many under the radar guys, every, single, year.

So if you feel better about a geek squad that's never even played football and writes sports blogs to rank your players. Have at it. These coaches offer based on performance and the ability to recognize talent and by coaches busting their tales searching the country to find guys that ranking services haven't heard of. Not looking at rankings on 24/7, rivals, or espn.

Pruitt and company did a great job on this class. If you don't agree, then your not being honest with yourself.

I never recall saying Chaney sucked and if I did it was to booger yall up. I did say and believe yall wouldn't be happy with his style of offense. Which I was correct about.

No one has called Pruitt a genius for hiring Jim. ( Although he thought of very highly in the coaching ranks )As stated, I wanted a different hire, but Chaney will do enough with Pruitts defense to win us some games.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
First game against an inferior opponent. Pretty common for teams to do. Why open up a playbook when you can out talent them? In that case it almost bit us in the butt. But Kirby has his moment with Nicholls State, so I don't care that we almost lost.

You ever play football John? When coach knows you can handle the guys, he lets you call the plays, make your own reads, work on your weaknesses, don't show much of your playbook cause you have a big opponent your saving certain formations for? Guess not if I have to explain this to so many arm chair coaches around here

Bucky please don't try to call me out, I have played football, baseball and basketball. Did I play at the college level ..... No because I wasn't big enough size wise. I have helped coach and have coached at the highschool level in my past and one thing I always stressed was, you give it 100% no matter what. You play to win.

I am of the age and mindset now to know if you play a vanilla offense in any game that's all you know how to play.

Look at the top winning programs. They go out and put a lesser team away quick and then put the second and third team in for reps.

Browning Slayer

Look at the top winning programs. They go out and put a lesser team away quick and then put the second and third team in for reps.
Like UGA did to the Vols the last 2 games..

brownceluse

Yall are the ones saying Fulmer will get in the way of Pruitt and not allow him to do his thing. I just point out, that it's obvious he's not.

Here's the thing with why stars don't matter. They do and they don't. They do if you like to add titles to everything. They are a DECENT predictor of future production and a half hearted way to rank a class.

Why they don't? Because there is over 14,000 football teams in america with almost 1.2 MILLION PLAYERS. and your relying on a geek squad to ACCURATELY gauge each one of those players for a ranking? PLEASE. Only a handful of schools get attention, only a few thousand of those kids camp. A ton are overlooked if they are dominating in a weaker area.

Another thing with that is rankings are biased. Say a no name kid is discovered by Alabama. He gets an invite and works out and Saban offers. Boom, now the bandwagon jumps on and ranks him higher cause hes on Saban's radar. Some kids get a bump on offers alone, not talent. Some kids take a loss cause they commit to certain schools or choose not to travel to camps, or can't afford to leave their hometown. Some kids wont be ranked as high because they didn't get offers from certain schools. And we see way too many busts and way too many under the radar guys, every, single, year.

So if you feel better about a geek squad that's never even played football and writes sports blogs to rank your players. Have at it. These coaches offer based on performance and the ability to recognize talent and by coaches busting their tales searching the country to find guys that ranking services haven't heard of. Not looking at rankings on 24/7, rivals, or espn.

Pruitt and company did a great job on this class. If you don't agree, then your not being honest with yourself.

I never recall saying Chaney sucked and if I did it was to booger yall up. I did say and believe yall wouldn't be happy with his style of offense. Which I was correct about.

No one has called Pruitt a genius for hiring Jim. ( Although he thought of very highly in the coaching ranks )As stated, I wanted a different hire, but Chaney will do enough with Pruitts defense to win us some games.
?

BuckNasty83

Bucky please don't try to call me out, I have played football, baseball and basketball. Did I play at the college level ..... No because I wasn't big enough size wise. I have helped coach and have coached at the highschool level in my past and one thing I always stressed was, you give it 100% no matter what. You play to win.

I am of the age and mindset now to know if you play a vanilla offense in any game that's all you know how to play.

A player giving 100% and a coaches gameplan are 2 different things.

And going out and dominating a lesser opponent,
It don't always happen like that. Every team has something to work on, new plays/players to implement, stuff they are saving for a certain opponent. A QBs check downs, his ability to pick up blitzes, his ability to read a certain package. His ability to attack cover 2. His ability to pass, routes etc, etc.

You also lineup differently with each team due to mismatches. Or lack of. Maybe a wr has a problem running certain routes, or can't beat press. RBs missing blocks, hitting wrong hole. Linemen picking up the wrong blocks.

There is so much to work on that don't always get fixed in practice and some things that won't click until game situations, or don't show up until game day.

You use these cupcake games to work out kinks and experiment. Stubborn coaches will do it over and over until it's fixed, or they are happy

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

You use these cupcake games to work out kinks and experiment.

There is no such thing as a "cupcake game" for the Vols... What UGA calls a cupcake, the Vols call it a "must win"..

The Vols struggled against The Charlotte 49er's last year!