The Curse of Sexual sins?

Artfuldodger

Cursed is the man that ____. It is an abomination. It is a perversion. Do not defile yourselves.

We are born human animals and have an instinct to desire sex. It can be a blessing but also a curse. It's something that's really hard to control.

Even lust can be as bad as adultery. It's spiritual adultery instead of physical.

Maybe God shows sexual sins to be a bit worse because of what marriage represents between Christ and his bride.

dirtnap

I, like you believe God seems to put more emphasis on sexual sin. I think it is because of like you said the relationship between Christ and His bride, the church and also because it’s a sin of the heart and the physical body. We put so much emphasis on homosexuality, which obviously God does emphasize numerous times is an abomination to Him, but He also emphasizes any sexual sin outside of His plan for marriage is an abomination against Him

Artfuldodger

I, like you believe God seems to put more emphasis on sexual sin. I think it is because of like you said the relationship between Christ and His bride, the church and also because it’s a sin of the heart and the physical body. We put so much emphasis on homosexuality, which obviously God does emphasize numerous times is an abomination to Him, but He also emphasizes any sexual sin outside of His plan for marriage is an abomination against Him

Leviticus 20:10
"'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

I am actually guilty of adultery. I also have a weakness for lust.

I'm not sure how that fits in with Leviticus. I'd like to think I shouldn't be killed because of it. I have repented of it. I know it's wrong. Yet I wonder if this spiritual type of repentance is enough. Must I actually have to stop?

Even though I repented, I still did it a few times more. The actual adultery. The lust, many times more. Like a whole lifetime of it.

I'm wondering if feeling guilty is enough or if one has to actually repent and quit sinning?

dirtnap

We all struggle with different sins. Ever since the fall that’s just how it is. God knows our hearts and if we’re truly repentant. If our salvation were based on us quitting sinning, were all in trouble

ryanh487

To repent means to stop what you're doing and change the practice.
You can not actively engage in sin and still be in a repentant state from that sin. Christ died to pay for our sins so that we would be free from their penalty and have access to his spirit to enact change in our lives. He did not die so we could have an all access fun pass to sin all that we wanted. We can be slaves to sin or slaves to Christ, it says in Romans, but not both. Hebrews tells us that every time we sin we crucify Christ afresh. How can we claim to love our savior and have a salvation relationship with him while we willingly, knowingly, and purposefully engage in sins that killed him on our behalf. That's not Christianity.

That's not to say that Christians won't sin from time to time, but as Paul tells us it's a daily commitment, a daily decision to serve christ and seek him over the world. 1 prayer 1 time in Sunday school or after a good sermon that time isn't a golden ticket to salvation any more than saying "I do" means your marriage is going to last forever while you do whatever you want for yourself. Salvation is a relationship with God. It is the free gift of Christ's blood that obliterates our sins, not our actions, but our effort is required to make the choice to pursue a relationship with Christ and choose his spirit so that he can transform our character, day by day, to reflect himself to the world through us.