The Dangers of Blending Politics and Deer Management

280bst

I've never been to a QDMA meeting listened to a few members sorta remind me of a political party all knowing and above the rest. Seeing how we already have baiting state wide how can disease be a problem. If you can see it or it's closer then 200 yards is it prone to spread disease more. Just for the record I've never put corn out don't plan too don't care if somebody else does. I will say all these Corn threads are educational, anybody ever put out any Hominy

JackSprat

The DNR is proposing to make the Chattahoochee NF the northern zone where baiting 200 yards and out of sight will become legal.

But state law specifically says elsewhere baiting on fed lands is not allowed.

A judge will decide this if the DNR goes there.

Why make a place where baiting is by law illegal , a place where baiting will be declared legal?

Federal law says baiting on federal lands is illegal. State law is just tracking federal law.

Not much for a judge to decide.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the dangers of mixing politics and game management. When the QDMA got in bed with politicians , that's when we started ending up with stupid laws like four-on-one-side antler restrictions.

lampern

I still say it’s a dumb idea to declare a place already off limits for baiting to be the “northern zone”