The fox ate the chicken

bassfishga

We have a red fox or foxes that like to come into the back yard. We also have chickens. Well my daughter cares for the chickens, feeds them, water, gets eggs. It is her little job and she makes a few bucks for the eggs. Well last Friday night one of the foxes got her favorite chicken. We have fully enclosed the chickens now with wire horse fence. What else can we do to make sure the fox does not get the chicken again. Anybody close by (Griffin, Fayette) that can legally trap it or them?

DROPPINEM

I believe if you are protecting your livestock YOU can trap them yourself!......But i could be wrong.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
i believe if you are protecting your livestock you can trap them yourself!......but i could be wrong.

x2..........

dadsbuckshot

We have a red fox or foxes that like to come into the back yard. We also have chickens. Well my daughter cares for the chickens, feeds them, water, gets eggs. It is her little job and she makes a few bucks for the eggs. Well last Friday night one of the foxes got her favorite chicken. We have fully enclosed the chickens now with wire horse fence. What else can we do to make sure the fox does not get the chicken again. Anybody close by (Griffin, Fayette) that can legally trap it or them?

Try getting in touch with famlytraprz on this forum. He is from Jackson, GA and is really good at trapping from what I see in his posts and pictures.

He enjoys trapping.

Seems like a really cool guy....

famlytraprz

fox

I'll come and get it 4 ya if u can fend them off until Dec. 1, I plan 2 trap other land n griffin so pm with some details and a contact number and I'll rid u of the chicken killer.

bassfishga

8 months later and we still have plenty of foxes around. My GSP and lab jumped one in the woods before dark tonight but it got away. No more chickens lost but now they are chasing the cats around here.

HALOJmpr

Hopefully you can bring in your cats at night ... to coyotes and foxes a CAT = SNICKERS Bar :pop::pop::pop::pop:

lungbuster123

If there causeing that much trouble, I would give the local GW a call. Tell him your situation, he will more than likley tell you to shoot him. I would draw the line when they started with the family pets.

storeman

If there causeing that much trouble, I would give the local GW a call. Tell him your situation, he will more than likley tell you to shoot him. I would draw the line when they started with the family pets.
call the game warden and then smoke the red dog.

hilljack13

I believe you need to get permit but shouldn't be any trouble. A co-worker had the same problem with red's and he had a permit in a few days.

Mr Mike

try yotes urine around the pen....yotes eat foxes/cats/small dogs etc..... Yes you should be given permission from DNR,,, Call them ASAP!!!!!!!