The GIANT ONE!!! JT, Bubba and friends Live From The Tree 2013 part 1

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
And we are off!

Never thought it would get here, but its that time again. Bubba is driving 5 hours north (If that dodge will make it) and I'm driving an hour south. Should be in a tree by mid afternoon in sturgis KY.

This years show is promising to be the best ever with old friends and new all stopping by and adding to the fun. We will have me, Bubba, qturn(Artie), Sundays money (Larry), Jeff Phillips, redtail(Shawn), blu(Brady), donnie, Hunk, shaynepaul, hoosierdaddy, felly and bornto and gadestroyer, savanahsdad, livetohunt, flatswoods and local legend and on and on and others either along for the hunt with us or along for the ride and helping with the updates. Will of course have many others that will post their daily updates and pics here as well. Too many of y'all to name and sorry if I missed ya...but man I'm getting old:fine:

And of course we will spend at least one more season trying to get Ol' May one more buck before he hangs up those wore out boots of his!

Most seasons we do sight unseen diy properties and we will have some more leases like that this year, but also decided to add in a couple of outfitters for the ride. Will be nice on or old bodies to have someone else hang a danged stand! Especially since I can't get Bubba to hang one::gone:

This year we start down in sturgis KY with our friends at www.riverbendwhitetails.com . Nick and the boys have 6000 or so acres of some of the finest whitetail habitat imaginable. We hunted with them for 3 days last January and back in 2009 when it was game trails. I have never killed a buck there but Bubba killed a giant 11 in 09. We will be here until the 31St.

Then back home to load up the truck and head to a new tiny lease in Knox no to hang stands and cameras for a day.

Then we head to Wisconsin for our first ever visit to the cheese state...man I love cheese! We will be hunting with www.buffalocountyoutfitters.com. Never been there but from the folks we know that have been and from my talks with Scott, they are second to none. They are seeing and killing some giants and the land looks great!

We leave there and run back to Missouri and then up to a lil Nebraska farm...and maybe even the Bohemian lounge! ! !

Then back to Illinois for late season.

Like always we can't predict the weather or diseases or deer movement or poachers and theft etc. we can predict a good freaking time! Remember that this is open to anyone and everyone cause the more the merrier.

We gotta make this good people cause we never know when we won't be able to do it again. We will be as live as possible and of course will always update by end of day.

It ain't all about the kill...its all about the fun....but yeah come on sweet beast and the sweet nectar of the gods! Load up boys its time...:yeah:

Last edited:

j_seph

Y'all be safe and don't let Bubbas neck swell too much

savannahsdad

God speed JT, Bubba and the rest. I'll be following from GA. till we head west to Colorado on the 1st. I hope to send updates from the Rockies as we chase late season Wapiti. I'm gonna miss that early November magical time in the whitetail woods, but hey, it ain't every day I get to chase Elk in the Rockies!

Gasbag

I love the Giant LFTT!!!!! I am warning my boss right now that no work will get done for about two months!!!! Get after em boys!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
God speed JT, Bubba and the rest. I'll be following from GA. till we head west to Colorado on the 1st. I hope to send updates from the Rockies as we chase late season Wapiti. I'm gonna miss that early November magical time in the whitetail woods, but hey, it ain't every day I get to chase Elk in the Rockies!

I was just adding your name to the list when I saw your reply lol

Stopping by the bank to wipe it out and headed south people! ! !

Mossy

My work day just got so much better! Good luck boys! Kill a bunch of giants!!

GA DAWG

Go get em fellers. No doubt will be some nice deer killed this yr again.

Lukikus2

Good luck everyone and prayers for your safety. Now go put the smack down on some mack daddy's. :cheers:

Last edited:

Core Lokt

Praying for a safe season for everyone.

Let's Get Ready Tooo Ruummbbblllllllllllllleeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAPSTRE

Good luck!! It will be very hard to work the next few weeks.

flatsmaster

JT dude ur in Adair county not knox county .... Yall might have it timed perfect bc i just flew back from there and scrapes are showin and crops are being cut .... SO ITS ALMOST TIME !!!!!! Good Luck you an Bubba smoke a BIGGUN .... And motel rates are going up 33 percent it must be time :banginghe:banginghe ...

Jeff Phillips

Shawn and I will be in Georgia the next 2 weekends, at least. We will be hunting our Taylor property where we have some pics of several good bucks including a 6 1/2 year old 3X5 that looks to weigh over 250#.

We have scheduled our long hunt on the Saline County club we share with Bubba, JT, and Blu for 6 days with a bow and 3 days with the smokepoles the week before Thanksgiving. We are planning to head up to hunt, and cook, for the late ML with May. These guys only love me for my biscuits and gravy!:D

Throw in a few local hunts and it will be a great season!

QTurn

I'll be rolling out next Saturday to join JT and Bubba at Buffalo County Outfitters!

So glad it's finally here....

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Knox county Adair county...it's all the same...I told you I'm losing it! :bounce:

Few things to put in truck and headed south