The good Lord skipped the brains alottment for these boys

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Or even better, a pygmy rattlesnake. I doubt they would even get it picked up good before they suffered multiple bites.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Them Pygmy's is mean..
Every one I ever fooled with had a Napoleonic complex, and the little rascals are hard to handle. Closest I've ever come to being struck was by a pygmy.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I got a Timber i'm gonna tan for my son. He found it dead on the Dirt road at his Grandmas. Chopped it's head off put it in a trash bag, snuck it in Granny's freezer. Then snuck it in Ma's car for the ride back home to bring to me. When she asked him what's in that bag you keep carrying around he knew he was got. She was not happy she'd been in the same car as a rattlesnake Dead or alive.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I got a Timber i'm gonna tan for my son. He found it dead on the Dirt road at his Grandmas. Chopped it's head off put it in a trash bag, snuck it in Granny's freezer. Then snuck it in Ma's car for the ride back home to bring to me. When she asked him what's in that bag you keep carrying around he knew he was got. She was not happy she'd been in the same car as a rattlesnake Dead or alive.

How you gonna tan it? What method?

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
How you gonna tan it? What method?
I use Borax and then rub Glycerine on it and let it sit. Thats how i was taught and they've always worked well. I know there several ways but it's pretty easy this way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

SLY22

Useles Member !
At what age do these folks start doing all this dangerous stuff? I'm surprise they live long enough to have chillin of their own?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
There was a pastor in Kentucky that handled Timber Rattlers and had been bitten 10 times with no medical assistance for recovery, accept for the 10th time. That one put him in the dirt.

Some of these folks cake ain't done in the middle.

Hillbilly stalker

Its not uncommon in West Virginia and eastern Kentucky to find snake handling churches. I grew up with some of these people and I will flat out tell you they walk the walk. They take scripture from the Old Testament about handling serpents and drinking poison. You would be hard pressed to find anyone else with such strong beliefs. They know they will get bit, but if their faith is strong, they will survive. They are never supposed to accept medical treatment. A preacher in my hometown was bit 9 times over the years before he died from one. They only handle venomous snakes and I don't doubt it one bit that they would handle a diamondback or pygmy. Every year they go thru the old strip mines and catch their snakes. The state tried to outlaw the practice and the church took them to court and won, reserving the right to practice their religion. Google Jolo West Virginia. I don't agree with their practice, but I do believe in freedom of religion. I was taught that was one of the reasons we came over here and made this country. I was also taught not to poke fun at other peoples religion.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
There was a pastor in Kentucky that handled Timber Rattlers and had been bitten 10 times with no medical assistance for recovery, accept for the 10th time. That one put him in the dirt.

That was this guys dad. 4 years ago. I'm also pretty sure this guy got bit on the hand several weeks after his fathers passing.

someguyintraffic

Yeah thats the guy in the OP videos deceased old man.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Nobody makes it past the quarter finals in the Darwin awards competition.

TimBray

Hope he made it.
I feel like Jerry Clower about snake-handling.
Jerry was asked to do his show in a Church of snake handlers. The congregation gets so excited they start passing around the serpents. Jerry, up in front of the church with his group asks one of them where the back door is. They look and say, "there ain't one". Jerry says, "reckon where do they want one?" :ROFLMAO:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Its not uncommon in West Virginia and eastern Kentucky to find snake handling churches. I grew up with some of these people and I will flat out tell you they walk the walk. They take scripture from the Old Testament about handling serpents and drinking poison. You would be hard pressed to find anyone else with such strong beliefs. They know they will get bit, but if their faith is strong, they will survive. They are never supposed to accept medical treatment. A preacher in my hometown was bit 9 times over the years before he died from one. They only handle venomous snakes and I don't doubt it one bit that they would handle a diamondback or pygmy. Every year they go thru the old strip mines and catch their snakes. The state tried to outlaw the practice and the church took them to court and won, reserving the right to practice their religion. Google Jolo West Virginia. I don't agree with their practice, but I do believe in freedom of religion. I was taught that was one of the reasons we came over here and made this country. I was also taught not to poke fun at other peoples religion.

Those were probably all "dry" bites. Until he finally got a hot bite. From what I`ve seen, canebrakes-timber rattlers seem to be more lenient on the first strike than most of the others.