The Housing Market Is Starting To Cool Off

Might be true in parts of the country, but some areas are hot as firecrackers, such as the coast.

mguthrie

Might be true in parts of the country, but some areas are hot as firecrackers, such as the coast.
And metro Atlanta. I've had more individual homeowners building there own house contact me this year about framing for them. Walton county is growing. Fast

Our market slows every year about when school lets out but there is not really a slowdown yet. I write offers with a swift pen lest someone else get the property for their client. My buddy had 18 offers on a beat up house and I hear similar stories from co workers. I recently landed a neighbors kid a clean starter home and had to fend off multiple Buyers by writing a 2 day free look period, 5 day financing, 7 day appraisal contingency and as is - where is verbiage.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
Our market slows every year about when school lets out but there is not really a slowdown yet. I write offers with a swift pen lest someone else get the property for their client. My buddy had 18 offers on a beat up house and I hear similar stories from co workers. I recently landed a neighbors kid a clean starter home and had to fend off multiple Buyers by writing a 2 day free look period, 5 day financing, 7 day appraisal contingency and as is - where is verbiage.
^^^This^^^

Just like the jobs numbers go up in the summer (part time college kid help) the housing numbers and all businesses effected by folks going on vacation go down.

It doesn't take a NASA Engineer to figure this one out.

That being said, the market is still extremely short of contractors and sub-contractors to keep up with the demand, especially in the renovation / add-on sector of construction. At least in my experience.

Demand for subs is definitely outpacing the current supply.

And metro Atlanta. I've had more individual homeowners building there own house contact me this year about framing for them. Walton county is growing. Fast
Yep, metro Lanter is on the move. My son lives in an area that is under transition. 3 years ago, 1 in 7 or 8 houses were being redone. This year is about 1 in 3.

Unfortunately, a lot of this is due to dang yankees invading Lanter again. :mad:

Yep, not seeing it in my part of the state. Property sailing quick again and neighborhood come shortly there after.

mguthrie

Yep, not seeing it in my part of the state. Property sailing quick again and neighborhood come shortly there after.
There's not a lot of Develoement happening yet. Lots are still to cheap for that. Builders are building on lots that were developed 10-12 years ago for the most part.

Argent11

Housing sure ain't stopping California from moving to NM.
They are showing up all over and turned us into a blue state.
They are selling their homes in CA for huge prices then come
out here and pay cash with money left in the bank.

Thread starter #14
Rising rates are going to ultimately slow things down.

Rising rates are going to ultimately slow things down.
Yep. These things take time. The housing market continued rising while the fed raised rates from about 2005-2007. Then it stagnated for a year before crashing in 2008.

There's not a lot of Develoement happening yet. Lots are still to cheap for that. Builders are building on lots that were developed 10-12 years ago for the most part.
I understand stand that as well. In Barrow county where I’m at I’ve got 4 new neighborhoods going right now that weren’t old neighborhoods. The two old ones that were sitting just got built out over the 8-10 months as well. 70 acres tract across the road just sold as well and it’ll be commercial. I’m on 316 so maybe it’s different but I do build utilities in new neighborhoods so I’m all over the metro area in places. Cheorokee, N Fulton and Forsyth is business as usual right now to. Built 10 neighborhoods the last 45 days in those counties. New not old existing lots.

mguthrie

I understand stand that as well. In Barrow county where I’m at I’ve got 4 new neighborhoods going right now that weren’t old neighborhoods. The two old ones that were sitting just got built out over the 8-10 months as well. 70 acres tract across the road just sold as well and it’ll be commercial. I’m on 316 so maybe it’s different but I do build utilities in new neighborhoods so I’m all over the metro area in places. Cheorokee, N Fulton and Forsyth is business as usual right now to. Built 10 neighborhoods the last 45 days in those counties. New not old existing lots.
I'm actually working in your area. Just finished a house on Fannie Thompson rd. That builder buys a piece of land and subdivides it into estate lots. I've got another builder that's in 2 old neighborhoods. One in conyers and the other is in good hope. A buddy of mine is VP of construction for a tract builder. They've been building out existing neighborhoods for 3 years. The inventory is getting built out for sure but they are still only paying $25-30,000 for lots. I'm sure the north side of Atlanta is different