The Immaturity of some Atheist...

WaltL1

Then perhaps you should go back and read my opening post.
I did, Its talking about a tiny portion of Atheists.
No different than lumping Christians in with Westboro Baptists.
Remember the Pew results you said smelled?
2/3rds report not even discussing their nonbelief with religious people. If they don't even talk about it, odds are they aren't renting billboards or challenging monuments or bullying anybody or anything else.
Its nothing but an article with a few facts blown out of proportion and the rest propaganda.
Its crap in the same way a number of Atheist sites are crap.

Israel

BANNED
I often marvel in myself at the cost I seem willing to pay to play the victim card. In what seems to the gaining of some advantage there is ultimately revealed a more pernicious undermining of stature.

The victim card is always a reactive response, and as such, by its adoption locks one into a position of all reactivity where all previous appearance of liberty evaporates plainly. Now locked in to being all solely of reaction.

The "why are you this way?" is succinctly reduced to "because you (the world) are that way to me" And I do not think it takes much mining for any to see there seems an ever present question to the soul of man while in this world..."who are you?" that we seek to provide response to by showing who, or what, we are.

The world is in that sense a "show place". And since I begin to see of it being all of "a wash" so to speak...(really a loss/loss situation) I also perceive the total un-tenability of it. And so I also begin to perceive the attraction (though false) of that victim maneuver. It provides seeming respite to the soul of being under compulsion to be actor with reason to role, but finding such reason always eventually undermined by the world's more than sufficient opposition.

It is all that Jesus Christ undoes. But not merely for that sake of opposition to a "system" (yes, I once loved Jesus as ultimately victorious "rebel"). There is revealed in Him a submission that is apart from the apparent end to which submission in this world is only able to imply...defeat.

His was and is a fully and complete devotion to role of reason, in total and joyous representation of Him who is reason of all. Yes, Jesus conquered death completely in and through Himself, but not merely through stance of opposition. He always complied to life against which no compulsion to "make reason for itself" can be exerted.

We...seek to live. God is simply above any and all form of requirement.
Yet, He can be pleased.
And is completely so with His own work.

Last edited: