The Immaturity of some Atheist...

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If that is the case then maybe they assume too much based on their superior intellect (si) and we all know the dangers in assumptions.

For me I was raised by a father who was a minister. In his library was a book from every prominent religion and I was allowed to study them all and make my own conclusions. Oddly enough, if you had done the same you would realize that the majority of religions in the world are represented by prophets, not a God, and only one of them offers salvation.

The crux of this topic is not how many religions are out there and what one's conclusion may be after studying each of them. It is about why those that don't believe in any God or Prophet have to wet their diaper every time they encounter someone that does believe. That believer is no threat to that non-believer financially, physically, psychologically or theologically. We may pray for them outside of their knowledge of us doing so, but again, it is no skin off of your back. So why the immature whiny assaults on Christians.

Were you truly intellectually superior one would think you would have better things to do with your time, and considering the lack of the threat by believers one would think you would deem it beneath you to stoop to their level to even insult them.

What the immature whining and banter reveals is that there is something there you are earnestly afraid of, but not even you yourself can identify it.
We need a homerun emoji (y)

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Who is "you" in that statement?

Kinda wondered that myself. He’s wrong. They’re mad because we assume a moral law giver and you can’t posit a transcendent morality without one. It exposes the hypocrisy of atheism: Condemn immorality, yet deny the existence of a transcendent morality. It’s self-contradictory, but that’s Atheism.

SemperFiDawg

Maybe they are angry that so many people are so closed minded that they actually believe in their search for "god" that ended up finding god in their own regional religion. Shocker!!!!!

Nobody read about any of the other thousands of religions, most of which are older and more historically accurate than christianity, or did any real soul searching. They chose the same path that was easy and accustomed to and then preached to others about it. Do none of you ever step back for a single second and ask questions? Really?

Also, America is not the only (or the best) country in the world. Read some books folks

Ah! The old and misguided “Since different people have different answers, they all must be wrong.” meme. Works with math (NOT!) so I guess that reasoning holds for everything. Yeah that’s a well thought out argument right there Sir. Keep preaching it easy Brother.

WaltL1

Kinda wondered that myself. He’s wrong. They’re mad because we assume a moral law giver and you can’t posit a transcendent morality without one. It exposes the hypocrisy of atheism: Condemn immorality, yet deny the existence of a transcendent morality. It’s self-contradictory, but that’s Atheism.
Read what you just wrote.
They’re mad because we assume a moral law giver and you can’t posit a transcendent morality without one.
Nothing to do with Atheism. That's about YOU and your beliefs.
Condemn immorality, yet deny the existence of a transcendent morality. It’s self-contradictory.
Condemning immorality and denying the existence of a transcendent morality is NOT contradictory. Should only take you a second to figure out why they don't contradict each other.
but that’s Atheism.
No its just more of your nonsense.

SemperFiDawg

I'll retreat. Someone who believes that a man kept two of every animal on a large wooden yacht while god destroyed his own creation has bested be intellectually. Best of luck in life
Read what you just wrote.

Nothing to do with Atheism. That's about YOU and your beliefs.

Condemning immorality and denying the existence of a transcendent morality is NOT contradictory. Should only take you a second to figure out why they don't contradict each other.

No its just more of your nonsense.

Sorry you don’t see the contradiction, but by all means, carry on.

WaltL1

Sorry you don’t see the contradiction, but by all means, carry on.
Ok I will.
Atheists posit that morals are determined by society and individuals.
You've been told that no less than 100 times downstairs every time you have brought up this same old tired claim.
To posit morality exists, regardless of where it comes from, and to be against immorality is not a contradiction. Its the opposite of a contradiction.
You see a contradiction because you want your version to be true so bad that you just cant accept that.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

Ok I will.
You've been told that no less than 100 times downstairs every time you have brought up this same old tired claim.
To posit morality exists, regardless of where it comes from, and to be against immorality is not a contradiction. Its the opposite of a contradiction.
You see a contradiction because you want your version to be true so bad that you just cant accept that.

Ok I will.

What I SEE is a very poorly thought out position.
THIS
has absolutely no thought put into it.

Nazi German was a society that put 6 million of their own citizens to death BASED ON THAT SOCIETIES DETERMINED MORALS.

Think of the most barbaric and sadistic individual you can think of.
According to Athiest ( per your above statement, which is absolutely accurate by the way) their morals are justified because they are determined by them, them self.

And while Yes, you probably have said it a hundred times I simply cannot believe you don’t see a problem with it.

That’s the cost of atheism. When there’s no transcendent morality no individual or society can claim the moral high ground because every society and every individual is on equal footing morally no matter what their actions are....they are morally justified.

So, Athiest see, feel and often even rage against perceived immorality , yet their philosophy gives them no justification for such thoughts or emotions.

It’s why Dawkins said “DNA neither knows nor cares.” It’s why Peter Singer said he could not condemn incest or rape. I’ll give them one thing. At least they are honest to the implications of their position. You.......well you just keep repeating your memes.

WaltL1

THIS

Nazi German was a society that put 6 million of their own citizens to death BASED ON THAT SOCIETIES DETERMINED MORALS.

According to Athiest ( per your above statement, which is absolutely accurate by the way) their morals are justified because they are determined by them, them self.

And while Yes, you probably have said it a hundred times I simply cannot believe you don’t see a problem with it.

That’s the cost of atheism. When there’s no transcendent morality no individual or society can claim the moral high ground because every society and every individual is on equal footing morally no matter what their actions are....they are morally justified.

So, Athiest see, feel and often even rage against perceived immorality , yet their philosophy gives them no justification for such thoughts or emotions.

It’s why Dawkins said “DNA neither knows nor cares.” It’s why Peter Singer said he could not condemn incest or rape. I’ll give them one thing. At least they are honest to the implications of their position. You.......well you just keep repeating your memes.
You made a claim.
Condemn immorality, yet deny the existence of a transcendent morality. It’s self-contradictory.
Its been explained to you over and over and again why your claim is false.
I'm not wading any deeper into your horse dung.

Israel

BANNED
Righteousness and morality are distinct.
One is always consistent to itself.
The other is at very best, perhaps.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
THIS

If what you say is true, no christian would do anything immoral ever. Yet you yourself are as guilty as any non christian that you constantly claim moral superiority over.
Your refuted claims are out of gas.

SemperFiDawg

Ok I will.
You see a contradiction because you want your version to be
If what you say is true, no christian would do anything immoral ever. Yet you yourself are as guilty as any non christian that you constantly claim moral superiority over.
Your refuted claims are out of gas.

Sometimes I really wonder if some of you EVER, really EVER, have any regard for truth or if your vindictiveness and hatred toward God and anything even remotely God related totally consume it.

Regardless, your above statement is just another shining example of how you guys behave when you can’t refute the truth.....just attack and belittle the messenger. Guess that’s all you CAN do. So predictable, so bane, and my tolerance for both has been reached today. No point in debating truth with those who have no regard for it.

SemperFiDawg

You made a claim.

Its been explained to you over and over and again why your claim is false.

I wouldn’t either. You’ve been in over your head ever since you first subscribed to Athiesm. Forsaking reason and truth is the necessary first step. Again, no suprise at all.
“ Horse dung” has to do when reason fails. Again predictable and bane, just like bullethead. Thanks for you guys “courtesy”, now you can go back downstairs and echo your memes back and forth in ‘victory’.

WaltL1

I wouldn’t either. You’ve been in over your head ever since you first subscribed to Athiesm. Forsaking reason and truth is the necessary first step. Again, no suprise at all.
“ Horse dung” has to do when reason fails. Again predictable and bane, just like bullethead. Thanks for you guys “courtesy”, now you can go back downstairs and echo your memes back and forth in ‘victory’.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sometimes I really wonder if some of you EVER, really EVER, have any regard for truth or if your vindictiveness and hatred toward God and anything even remotely God related totally consume it.

Regardless, your above statement is just another shining example of how you guys behave when you can’t refute the truth.....just attack and belittle the messenger. Guess that’s all you CAN do. So predictable, so bane, and my tolerance for both has been reached today. No point in debating truth with those who have no regard for it.
So when you cackle about atheists being immoral it is ok. But when your moral giver logic fails and you are lumped in with having less than stellar morals you are being attacked?
Sfd, there is some truth being twisted, but it is not Walt or myself doing it.

welderguy

Having good morals alone is like washing a cup on its outside, and the inside remaining filthy.
There is a need for the inside to be washed(made righteous). But we don't have that ability. It is a benevolence that is done for us.

Israel

BANNED
A witness simply tells what he sees. What he has seen.
I think it would be very rare to find the "christian" who does not know, in some way, his testimony is open to all attempts at impeaching.
(I believe the Lord specifically warns of this "so that when it comes to pass, you will not be offended"...in places)

Called liar, tossed out of synagogues (congregations), the branding of fool and simpleton, betrayed by brother (given over to death in whatever form)...yet still instructed to hold fast, without falling to offense.

What do we find as only help? The sight of the only One to conquer in this, another...who has navigated His way in full light...pressing us to a view, and as often as commended, a re-view of His stature. We do not testify of ourselves...as anything at all, but seers...having seen.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
It can't be the Christian. A Christian does not assume Christ.

It is telling though.
Your statement is very similar to one from the Tao. I will have to look it up.

To your point though, Christians do experience Christ. So would it be the lack of having this experience that spurns this childish jealous auto-response in non-believers?

WaltL1

Your statement is very similar to one from the Tao. I will have to look it up.

To your point though, Christians do experience Christ. So would it be the lack of having this experience that spurns this childish jealous auto-response in non-believers?
Wouldn't the monkey wrench in that theory be that to be jealous of not experiencing Christ...…… wouldn't you have to believe that Christ exists to experience?
That pretty much leaves A/As out and your perceived observation that they are jealous inaccurate.

Last edited: