The influx of JUNK trail cameras...

Sounds like you hunt in a bad neighborhood. :fine:
I have a piece of land that is 200 miles away, and borders public land. Hard to keep an eye on that 24/7. :)

Wildgame is trash. If someone gave me a new one for free I would still be skeptical and I wouldn't hang it where I thought a good spot was or where I was trying to capture a known hit list buck for concern of the camera failing.
Agreed, wild game are the worst. I have watched deer walk right in front of them from my stand just to check it and have zero pics. This miss a bunch of deer, and the pics are terrible on the cheap ones. Tons of blurry pics because the shutter speed is so slow. I would call them better than nothing.

bowandgun

Bushnell and Browning have worked best for me. They hold up longer with battery life, give me clear night time pics and give off more background light at a greater distance at night. You can find specials on them during the off season on ebay well under $100.
those work the best for me as well. I did have problems with one of my brownings, so i called and the service guy said use nothing smaller than 8GB cards and energizer batteries(especially in cold weather). He also said to reformat the cards after you delete pics. Since I started doing that they have worked great.

humdandy

Strange. I have had bad luck with Moultries, and very good luck with Wildgames. I've bought about 10 WGIs, and never had a one that didn't work right that I know of. Not the first issue of any kind. Good pics and plenty of them. And these are the cheap, cheap ones.

I have some in the woods that haven't been turned off for three years and still work fine. I don't have experience with buying the others, because I've been having good luck with what I have.

I would guess that regardless of brand, most come from about the same place. And no brand is perfect or will last forever. I'd say a couple-three years is about average lifespan for any of them.
Same for me. Wildgame and Moultrie have been the best ones I've ever owned and I been running cameras for almost 20 years.

Had the early Camtrakkers, Lakota Cam, Cuddeback, and the list goes on and on.

For the price you can't beat a Wildgame or Moultrie Camera.

I owned a Moultrie for 10 years and it never left the woods, eventually the plastic on it wore out and broke. I paid $100 for it.

Personally I'm a Browning fan. I have 4 that have been out 24/7/365 for 4 years now without a hiccup.