The Largest Typical Ever ??

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
The top picture is extremely symmetrical and almost everything counts and is one of the highest scoring non typical pair of matched sheds ever found in the wild. Scores well over 200” as a typical main frame.
And as for the bottom picture I apologize but pictures do speak and I wish since it claims to be the largest scoring typical to ever walk the earth that he would show full respect to the animal and hold them as the original owner carried them so proudly.
Thats all.

mike1225

I read the sheds could score between 181 & 182 without the spread. The spread could be as much as 30 inches.

Attachments

• 2015-sheds-indiana-moffet-buck.jpg
    2015-sheds-indiana-moffet-buck.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 40

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Absolute giant hoosier buck...or anywhere in the world buck.

15621655_10209741598753872_8986925786347969496_n.jpg

BornToHuntAndFish

Impressive rocking Midwest Indiana beast of a lifetime. Mega-Congrats to the shed & whitetail hunters success. Thanks for posting.

51229436_2312747488736920_1904596461362872320_n.jpg

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=052fed263877bcdf7887f58e4cc0591d&oe=5E98AECE
(larger image web link)

https://forum.gon.com/attachments/92367407-1681-4bcf-9a1b-f3095741d31b-jpeg.1005169/
(other larger image web link)

51401466_1030542797138009_5285911822799470592_n.jpg

The Indy Legend...2015 Moffett Sheds...2016 Moffett buck...lived in Fayette County, Indiana.

https://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/editorial/answered-prayer-the-world-class-moffett-buck/331705

Answered Prayer: The World-Class Moffett Buck

gross score of 200 0/8 inches as a basic 5x4 typical. That’s incredible. Each main beam is just shy of 30 inches. The left antler grosses 93 4/8, thanks in part to a huge G-2 tine of 15 6/8. Its counterpart on the right is 14 3/8. When you factor in that the inside spread is over 2 feet wide

There are 12 inches of side-to-side differences and a 7 4/8-inch “flyer” point shooting off the back of the right G-2. If this non-typical tine hadn’t grown, the buck would have netted 188 0/8 as an 8-pointer!

with the abnormal point deducted, this buck‘s 180 4/8 net score

And to think what might have been had someone been able to shoot this deer a year earlier. Tony also measured the sheds. After adding the right side (91 1/8 typical) to the left side (91 4/8), then adding the same inside spread he had in ’16, then subtracting the side-to-side differences of 11 3/8, this buck would have grossed 206 7/8, with a net score of 195 4/8 as a clean 5x5.

What if roughly 4 4/8 inches (estimated from a trail camera photo) hadn’t broken off the left G-3? That side would have grossed 96 0/8, bumping the gross typical score to an estimated 211 3/8 and the net to roughly 204 4/8.

andrea-moffett-with-indiana-buck.jpg

andrea-moffett-with-shed.jpg

andrea-moffett-with2016-buck.jpg

https://www.northamericanwhitetail....from-the-largest-whitetail-of-all-time/331703

Are These Sheds from the Largest 5x5 Whitetail of All Time?

The deer, taken by hunter Andrea Moffett, had a gross typical score of 200 inches and a B&C net score at 180 4/8.

However, once you add on a conservative inside spread of 30-plus inches, these Indiana sheds enter a realm all of their own! Positioned as they would have been on the buck’s head, these antlers could score as high as 220 or even higher with a spread credit, netting around 210-213 after asymmetry deductions.

(Again, the Milo Hanson buck, a basic 6x6, is the largest intact typical rack ever, at 213 5/8)

2015-sheds-indiana-moffet-buck.jpg

shed-feature.jpg

Buck when killed on left. Sheds on right below:

57953fb0bb0f522851e044cb84bd414a.jpg

Trail cam pic below from 2016 the year it was killed:

b80d171227f64b54653bb99d1b2e08cb.jpg

Time = 3:38

Indiana Buck Video

:rockon:

Last edited:

Jim Boyd

How is the poor hunter being attacked?.

I think a fair assessment is this: if a fellow sportsman needs to find something wrong when someone should be celebrating success - this is a less than gracious behavior.

Somehow, the hunter (or in this case, the guy showing the antlers) is criticized, judged or demeaned because he presented the antlers in the best possible light.

The numbers speak for themselves as far as the antlers go - but old green envy comes sneaking in and we find something to complain about in what should (In my opinion) be a case in which all avid deer hunters come together to talk about and look at a spectacular whitetail.

If you don’t like being called on it - no sin there.

What do realtors do? Take the best possible pics.

What do seed salesmen do? Take the best possible crop pics.

What do car OEM’s do? Take a picture of a Silverado in the best possible light.

But.... it sometimes becomes something less than great when we, as sportsmen, find a way to demean something that is actually GREAT for deer hunting - an unusual and impressive specimen.

No more and no less.

I am far from a psychiatrist or a psychologist- but after almost 6.5 decades on this earth... there is one thing I beleive: we can often find what one lacks when we see what they are most cynical about.

I think the sheds are awesome.

I don’t only see the sheds, I read the measurements.

I think the deer and the young lady pics are amazing.

My only regret in this - is that I was not the hunter.

Best to all.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I did not disparage the size of the sheds or even the guy holding them, my comnent was solely directed at the way the photograph was taken...a common practice with fish or deer...to enhance said subject.

Then the white knights come out and get all butthurt and starts defending the sacred pine goat and said guy as if I personally called him a low down poacher or whatever.

Whatever...yeah it's a nice set of horns, no need to try and enhance them further to stoke egos.

Jim Boyd

Then the white knights come out and get all butthurt and starts defending the sacred pine goat

Whatever...yeah it's a nice set of horns, no need to try and enhance them further to stoke egos.

I am glad, Dutch, that we agree on the antlers.

In fact, I would suggest they go well beyond that and say they are world class - and when you enter a world where people breathe words such as “all time largest” (whether they are or are not, I don’t know) you are moving into rare air, indeed.

Is the deer sacred? Of course not - some lady shot the thing, for crying out loud.

I would agree that deer (your pine goats) are definitely a dime a dozen. Deer like the one in the pics are not, however. They are a statistical anomaly when they move into that range.

I am certainly not butt hurt and don’t think anyone else is either.

White Knights - don’t know what that means. If it means someone that recognizes a true legendary deer? Yes, I suppose I am.

I have long felt - and said - this... when someone has to find something wrong in some person’s day of glory - it is generally envy.

If that is not you - great!! We are in the same boat.

drumbum77

Banned
and yet again, hunters attacking hunters, does it really matter how he is holding the antlers?

hunters are hunters worse enemy.

This is exactly why my boys and many of my friends have lost interest in the sport. Both of my kids have had accounts on Woody's but due to the immature nonsense on this forum have deleted them . Hunters are the biggest pansies out there. I thought women were bad. :rolleyes: My 19 year old son shot his best buck to date this fall, but knew better than to post it here. It wasn't the right camera angle, he needed to wait another year, etc...etc...etc...

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
This is exactly why my boys and many of my friends have lost interest in the sport. Both of my kids have had accounts on Woody's but due to the immature nonsense on this forum have deleted them . Hunters are the biggest pansies out there. I thought women were bad. :rolleyes: My 19 year old son shot his best buck to date this fall, but knew better than to post it here. It wasn't the right camera angle, he needed to wait another year, etc...etc...etc...
Some of these comments are made in jest. The same as we would sitting around a camp fire
Mjne are.
In fact the bigger the deer the more I’ll say it.

Anyone who thinks I really think that deer needed a few more years is wound too tight