The Martha Stewart in Jail Play by Play

Skipper

Banned
First off, I believe if you do the crime, you should do the time. That said, sometimes I have a hard time believing that some things are crimes or if they are, probably they shouldn't be.

Undoubtably, the gooberment has spent several million dollars investigating and prosecuting Mrs. Manners for what? Lying to the government. I guess it's legal for the Government to lie to us just not legal for us to lie back. All of this because IMO, the woman was taking care of he own business. I know that insider trading is supposed to be illegal not that it doesn't happen every day. If my broker somehow finds out that something is going to happen to make me loose my but on a stock I own and doesn't tell me in time to dump it off on someone else, I'd find a new broker. If I'm paying him, it becomes his job to keep track of that company for me.

Still, that aside. She's not killed anyone, or committed what I would call a violent crime or a crime that inflicts problems on the society as a whole. Basically, one of those who cares sort of things in my opinion.

My beef is, everytime the radio news comes on, it's Martha wore Kakis in prison on her first day, played scrabble and ate Macaroni and Cheese from an over priced vending machine with her daughter and some "Un named" male visitor.

GOOD GRIEF. Do I have to hear a blow by blow account of the next 6 months of her life. Last night as I surfed through the tv, they had some big woman on there who had just got out of the same joint telling what Martha was going though. This old gal looked like she'd be a good mate for Randy, she'd sure be able to take up for herself.

I can't believe how much tax money the gooberment is wasting on these trials that end up in a media circus like this one and for what? So we can know that Martha is playing Scrabble and eating $2.95 vending machine Macaroni?

The OJ trial got plumb out of hand as have several others. This Scott Peterson thing is a pure joke. If I was on a Jury and had to sit for 4 months listening to the prosecutor present his case, I can tell them certain, I'd never vote him guilty just out of spite for making me sit 4 months in a chair and rehash the last 24 months of television.

Skipper

Al33

You tell 'em Skipper!!!!

and waht about that onion guy leaving grease on the sidewalk and street?

It's a shame what the world is comin' too!

:D :bounce: ;)

Truly, I share the same sentiments you describe. :clap:

Al

mpowell

she should definitely serve time. and, yes, it did cost the government $$$ to prosecute her but we can't let someone get away with something just because it's going to cost us money to prosecute them. with as many of us owning stocks as we do these days, investors HAVE to have confidence in the system. all we work for to save and retire on can be affected immensely by corporate types who use the system to their advantage and the gov't has to do what it can to make the system as fair for all as possible even though, in reality, we know life's not fair! :(

having said that, i'd love it if we never had to hear from her again whether it be daily accounts of her prison term or her on the TV baking or gardening. i can do without her in any form or fashion.