The New Hands free law, I think it is too restrictive, What do yall Think??

NOYDB

BANNED
They were lousy drivers with out radios, cell phones or other electronics, No matter what law is passed they will still be lousy, just without a convenient excuse.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
You can touch once to answer. How many phones can only be touched once?

Touch to wake up the phone, swipe to open to the secure login page, put in code or fingerprint, THEN touch or swipe to answer.

It's hardly a one touch process like the law would like it to be.

What's that? We should set our phones to "not lock" and "not need a secure code" !!!! Yeah, that's real smart.

Also, no puppy in your lap and no eating lunch or drinking a soda while driving.

I can't wait until this law gets challenged. It's a tad overboard just to raise the revenue in the state.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I like to lay on the horn for these people. Really embarrasses my bride but I don't care. You ain't seen road rage until I miss a traffic light because of it. :mad:

My uncle will sit through a green light if someone behind him lays on the horn. He's a little stubborn,

GoldDot40

Touch to wake up the phone, swipe to open to the secure login page, put in code or fingerprint, THEN touch or swipe to answer.

What's that? We should set our phones to "not lock" and "not need a secure code" !!!! Yeah, that's real smart.
You don't need to even touch your phone to answer it when its paired with a bluetooth. You reach up and touch a botton on the earpiece. No unlocking, swiping, etc. Every bluetooth device and phone I've owned in the last 10 years had that option.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
You don't need to even touch your phone to answer it when its paired with a bluetooth. You reach up and touch a botton on the earpiece. No unlocking, swiping, etc. Every bluetooth device and phone I've owned in the last 10 years had that option.
Every bluetooth device I've owned in the last 10 years is operated by Murphy and seems to come down with connectivity or battery issues right in the middle of critical conversations.

GoldDot40

Never had those issues with mine. Only have to charge my Blue Parrot headset once a week. I talk on it usually about 5 hours of every day. Seriously...I rarely ever "need" to even touch my phone throughout the day. Most of everything I do on it is through verbal commands.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So we obey the law, those married or with children and teens will you truly obey it? One of them calls you, will you ignore it or pull over and call back, or answer it in case something is wrong?
Mount your phone and use Bluetooth. One button to answer, one to hang up.

GoldDot40

Dude somewhere got a ticket eating his cheeseburger a few years ago.
Pretty sure it was dismissed. I've seen people making sandwiches, salads and mixing baby formula going down the interstate. Us truck drivers see it all....down right scary.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Pretty sure it was dismissed. I've seen people making sandwiches, salads and mixing baby formula going down the interstate. Us truck drivers see it all....down right scary.
I’m not a truck driver but my work territory is south west GA and central AL. I usually run 75 on the interstate and cars will pass me, both hands on phone, makeup, eating, etc and have their knee against the steering wheel to drive. I don’t like being close to other cars. I will speed up or slow down.

Sitting in my truck looking down on a car I wantched a young girl smoking crack or meth.

Artfuldodger

Also, no puppy in your lap and no eating lunch or drinking a soda while driving.

I can't wait until this law gets challenged. It's a tad overboard just to raise the revenue in the state.

I tried my daughter's bluetooth ear piece with my old flip phone. It paired with it OK. It would with my wife's non-smart phone as well.
Even the "click the button" on the earpiece worked to answer and end the call.

So can I just put my phone in the cup holder or passenger seat instead of mounting it? I don't care about viewing it. I'll just click the earpiece to answer.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I tried my daughter's bluetooth ear piece with my old flip phone. It paired with it OK. It would with my wife's non-smart phone as well.
Even the "click the button" on the earpiece worked to answer and end the call.

So can I just put my phone in the cup holder or passenger seat instead of mounting it? I don't care about viewing it. I'll just click the earpiece to answer.
As long as it isn't touching your body in any shape form or fashion. Seeing the screen is convenient though, if you want to know who is calling you.

GoldDot40

As long as it isn't touching your body in any shape form or fashion. Seeing the screen is convenient though, if you want to know who is calling you.
Specific ringtones set for specific people or set the phone to call out the number/name calling.(y)

zedex

Gator Bait
We've had the distracted driving law for a while in canada. It is a poorly written and vague.
People have been cited and even got their vehicles impounded for texting or talking while driving. But now they are going after people leaving drive thru fast food joints as they eat or drink. I know of one guy cited for distracted driving for singing with the radio. Even talking with others inside the car can be a ticketable offense.
Use of CB radio is permitted if the receiver is mounted to vehicle and the mic is secured to drivers clothing and the mic must not have more than one button

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
reading this makes me amazed at the number of yall who are addicted to your phones.
Not surprising at all! They probably sleep and shower with them too! :p

meme-charga.jpg