The official "recommend" a Deer or Hog processor thread

Paulding County

West Georgia Deer Cooler & Processing
3511 Atlanta Hwy, Dallas
(770) 445-2928

These guys just confirmed they are open for 2019 from 10 am to 9 pm starting on 9/14

Any processors in the Cobb County / Cherokee County area? Neese's and Crane's closed. Tried Holloway's last year and the meat didn't taste right. I want to try a new place.

Thread starter #206

Milkman

Retired Moderator
Who do you all use in Walton County?

I've always used Mr. Butcher right off 78 but saw another place closer to Loganville.

Thanks
I don’t know about the folks you mentioned in Loganville

Is there a problem with Mr Butcher?

huckhgh

I don’t know about the folks you mentioned in Loganville

Is there a problem with Mr Butcher?
No, he's very fast and the prices aren't bad to ground it.

I've just been wanting to try some some jerky without having to spend over $100 on it, especially if I don't like it.

Maybe I could have him do just a little bit of jerky and the rest in ground...

Do you know if he'll do that?

Thanks,

Huck

Thread starter #208

Milkman

Retired Moderator
No, he's very fast and the prices aren't bad to ground it.

I've just been wanting to try some some jerky without having to spend over $100 on it, especially if I don't like it.

Maybe I could have him do just a little bit of jerky and the rest in ground...

Do you know if he'll do that?

Thanks,

Huck
No I don’t. I have used him before and was satisfied.

Any processors in the Cobb County / Cherokee County area? Neese's and Crane's closed. Tried Holloway's last year and the meat didn't taste right. I want to try a new place.
I used to use Neese too; they did a good job. Just got a deer back from Wilkes Meat Market in Cumming. Very friendly folks, neat and organized, good sized processing center. I do wish they vacuum packed, especially for burger, but I had a talk with the guy behind the counter and he acted like it might be an option for a little extra. Price was fair, $75.00 base. I only had a little doe so I didn't get a lot of meat, but I knew that going in.

Now I will say their smoked andouille sausage is amazing, and they will make that with your venison if you ask. Their meat counter is worth a visit whether or not you have a deer to turn in. Great prices and cuts I have never seen before, like an entire ribeye (like 25 lbs. worth).