The official "recommend" a Deer or Hog processor thread OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remy1121

Processing in Chatham Co

Hey, anyone have a good deer processor in Chatham county or near here? The ones I've seen online close at 6 which people aren't even out of the woods yet. And most are just meat markets that take deer during the season. Anyone do it themselves around me? Would like to learn and will pay for time and supplies.

Phatfred

Help finding a full processor in the Coastal Empire

I would like to start squeezing in some hunts before work. I hunt in Richmond Hill and work in Bluffton. So I am trying to find a processor that is near Richmond Hill, Pooler, Rincon, Ridgeland SC or Bluffton SC. Any suggestions?

*I will be really tight on time so I would like to find a place that will take them not field dressed or quartered.

Thanks,

NastyBruises11B

There is an outstanding processor just outside of Rincon, near Springfield. Zoller's processing. They do deer, wild and domestic hog and cattle. They're also a donation site. I get my hogs done in sausage and roasts, and he only charges $2 per pound for sausage and $1 per pound for roasts. If you take him one just gutted, he'll skin it out and all that for $30
(912) 754-9541 or (912) 213-3012

Took me a long time to find someone near Fort Stewart. Very much worth the hour and 15 minute drive.

bowhunter4

Oglethorpe Co.
Firetower Deer Processing, 16 Bobby Faust Road, Crawford, (706) 743-5876. Hick’s Deer Processing, 1108 Crawford Smithonia Road, Crawford, (706) 743-3137. Washington Co. Harry and Renny’s Deer Processing, 393 South Riddle Road, Riddleville, (478) 553-6624, (478) 232-5022.

GaFlyGuy

I read through the all 6 pages, I live in Smyrna and have hunt land in Macon. Any recommendations for here or there ? Maybe somewhere in between ?

Chase4556

There is an outstanding processor just outside of Rincon, near Springfield. Zoller's processing. They do deer, wild and domestic hog and cattle. They're also a donation site. I get my hogs done in sausage and roasts, and he only charges $2 per pound for sausage and $1 per pound for roasts. If you take him one just gutted, he'll skin it out and all that for $30
(912) 754-9541 or (912) 213-3012

Took me a long time to find someone near Fort Stewart. Very much worth the hour and 15 minute drive.

I have used them as well, and was happy with the results.

Also suggest Wise Brothers, which is just up 204 from 95(away from savannah). Not sure if they do hogs.

Just moved back to GA. Live in Covington, need some recommendations for a good processor in the area since I've never had a deer processed in GA!

I was really pleased with Drew

Putnam County
The Meat Shed
235 New Phoenix Rd.
Eatonton, GA
Thanks for the input. I actually just found this place on facebook. Looked like a pretty decent place. Glad to hear someone recommend it. I'll more than likely be giving them a try. That is if I kill anything. Thanks again.

biggdogg

Any recommendations for a good processor around Lake Oconee? Preferably close to I-20? I hunt in Warren County and need somewhere closer to my club. I like Holifields in Covington a lot, but I can't get to him in the evening from the property before he closes

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Any recommendations for a good processor around Lake Oconee? Preferably close to I-20? I hunt in Warren County and need somewhere closer to my club. I like Holifields in Covington a lot, but I can't get to him in the evening from the property before he closes

My son in law is fond of the processor mentioned in post 155 above.

Status
Not open for further replies.