The official "recommend" a Deer or Hog processor thread OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
hey milkman how about any good places near hard labor creek hope o need one in a couple of weeks.

See post # 137 above. This guy is about 13 miles from the camp area of Hard Labor creek park. I have used him a few times and plan to use him more. They do good work.

The down side is he may not have time to get it ready before you go back to Dallas. You might consider quartering your deer and putting in a cooler for transport to a processor near home.

Georgia45

Anyone have any tried Oliphant Deer Processing in Warrenton? I have used Pittmans but this would be closer. Thanks

hobbs27

Steel Buffalo Butchery in Dawsonville. Hwy. 136 on east side of 400, across from Harmony Church.

Super clean, very friendly, awesome pkging, and they are about to start making Slim Jim's etc.
I have used them and highly recommend them.
http://thesteelbuffalobutchery.com/contact-us.html

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Putnam County processor

PERMANENTLY CLOSED

I have used and recommend Leonhardt's Deer Processing in South Putnam County. His place is along Crooked Creek road about 1/2 mile from the intersection with Scuffleboro Road. Not far from Terry's One Stop store.
Address is 1194 Crooked Creek Road, Eatonton, Ga There is a sign at the driveway. His number is 706-473-6559.

Last edited:

gatorboy

Appears Joiners in Dodge County outside of Eastman is done, any processors in Dodge County worth the trip?

guitarman64

New Deer cooler opening in Banks County Homer giving away a new 4 wheeler at the end of season for anyone who bring a deer for more info. call 706 654 1762 address Silver Shoals Roads Lula Ga.30554

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I have used and recommend Leonhardt's Deer Processing in South Putnam County. His place is along Crooked Creek road about 1/2 mile from the intersection with Scuffleboro Road. Not far from Terry's One Stop store.
Address is 1194 Crooked Creek Road, Eatonton, Ga There is a sign at the driveway. His number is 706-473-6559.[/QUOTE

PERMANENTLY CLOSED

Last edited:

gatorboy

Correction

Appears Joiners in Dodge County outside of Eastman is done, any processors in Dodge County worth the trip?

Got a call Billy Joiner will be open starting Blackpowder, best processor in the southeast and more importantly you get 100% OF YOUR DEER ot put in the freezer! Great people to sit and talk to only makes it that much better of an experience, prices are good as well.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Does not appear to be, I drive by there going to my club and the sign says closed for the season. I use Lawson's in Waco and am thinking about trying besosa in heard county

skiff23

Newford Creek Outdoors and Processing.
Traditional cuts, Summer Sausage , Snack Sticks and Jerky.
What you bring is what you get. We cut each deer individually. You get back what you bring.
We pride our self on being clean !!
706-318-5733 Near Tignall , Ga on Delhi Rd North End of Lincoln County South end of Elbert County and East end of Wilkes County close to Clarkes Hill Lake !!

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Lee County Deer Processors if no one has already said it.
Corner of Hwy.377 and 195. Don and Matt Broom do a great job.

On a sadder note, someone had mentioned Bob Miles Taxidermy and Processing. He passed away a couple of years ago and the business is closed.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Lee County Deer Processors if no one has already said it.
Corner of Hwy.377 and 195. Don and Matt Broom do a great job.

I have used them in the past. Those folks make some real good pork and deer sausage.

anybody have pricing from various places? Just curious about processing charges, charges per # for sausage, and upcharges for different sausage flavors.

transfixer

Has anyone used the processor on Mulberry rock rd in Paulding county in the last year or two ? Looking for someone to use within decent drive from Douglasvile, hopefully that can do hogs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.