The Ol’ Captain Returns to Work!

olcaptain

Apparently, there has been a good bit of concern and recent talk around the Corporate water cooler.

VVq83YW.jpg

Everyone knew the Ol’ Captain was hurting but most everyone felt like if he’d return to work it might be good for him. Some said he might just retire and never come back. Others said as CEO of Crooked Creek Inc, he owed it to his loved ones, colleagues, and friends to come back and finish strong. In the meantime, everyone respectfully waited to see what would really happen.

I knew when we pulled out of the driveway earlier today that it was time to get back to my office. But instead of taking the Perimeter around Maximus Island, we chose to slide through Blair’s Strait to save some time and get a closer view of the wild Trumpet Vines blasting away on our starboard side.

dfHiHUu.jpg

bZTHIQD.jpg

OcWpaIN.jpg

Once we got out on the main highway I knew it had been a while since we had driven to the Crooked Creek Bridge. My arms and shoulders gave indication that it was indeed time to get back to business.

D0lyUij.jpg

Q0ItgbK.jpg

d4WWNep.jpg

We finally arrived at the office and within no time at all my assistant, (Maximus Relaximus) was back on task.

wT0X8fh.jpg

0XeJTYV.jpg

8iqgnfF.jpg

I had been out so long that I didn’t know if I’d get any calls at all today. I was hoping for some serious business but instead all I heard from was two kids playing on the line.

9RTzDxU.jpg

hwRum15.jpg

After a few hours the wind picked up and knowing that we’d be facing traffic on the way home, we left a little early.

Pvu6D7m.jpg

OS8JCyX.jpg

I needed to get out and try to find that “new normal” that I hear folks talk about. With God’s grace and the help of good friends I know that I will make progress soon. But in the meantime, it sure felt good to be back at my desk……

vjzIU1u.jpg

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
We love you, Captain. Glad to see you reporting for duty.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Glad to see you enjoying your day, and continues prayers for you and your family.

MOTS

Proud to see you back on the water! You can get some serious thinking done alone on the water.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Way to get back at it, Captain. Hope you had a good time.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good to see you back in the "Office", and thanks for letting us ride along.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good to see you back. There are a lot of folks here thinking about you.

Papa Bear

Great to see you and Max back in your office. What a view to reflect on the wonders our creator has blessed us with. We all have been thinking about you and the family.

Shawn Holcombe

I'm ready to help you and Max out with this work situation! I have a bag of crappie heads with our names on it and a can of Vienna sausages for Max! :flag:

Worley

Office

Glad to see ya back at work cap’n, and keeping the desk in order. I trust business will be picking up soon for Maximus ...God bless buddy!

BoosterC

1The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 ...
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;

Welcome back on the still waters.

WayneB

This just made my morning!
Glad to see Max's skills as naviguesser are still sharp!