The Ol Captain to dance a Jig?

olcaptain

The Ol Captain to dance a Jig?

It was suggested at breakfast this morning that while sitting in my spot near the Crooked Creek Bridge and waiting on a Catfish to bite that I might try something new. A friend mentioned that I might try jigging a spoon or lure of some sort up and down in the 30 ft of water where I am anchored while waiting on Mr. Whiskers. This would be new to me but I’m always willing to learn. Any suggestions?

Speaking of suggestions, I host what we call the “Whosoever will Men’s Breakfast” every Monday morning at 8:00 AM at the Milledgeville, Ga IHOP. All men are welcome, and we would be honored to have YOU join us some time! Below you will see our group from this morning.

dMZ5JHK.jpg

L-R today: C.B. Cornett, me, Tommy Leslie, Randy Malone, Tommy Bass, Tony Briggs, Anthony Shinn, Larry Gilliam, Clyde Moore, Johnny Fowler, Danny Blair, Ben Duren and Mike Farmer!

olcaptain

While we are on the subject, it takes me about 40 min to paddle across the lake to the bridge. Is there something that I can drag or troll going and coming and how would I go about that? Thanks again.

MikeyD6

Deleted
I love using spoons, they're very versatile and I've caught pretty much every type of fish with them. This time of year, I would pick it up fast enough for it to wobble, maybe a foot off the bottom, and let it flutter back down. You're trying to imitate a dying baitfish basically. You could drag it behind a boat too, as long as you don't let go down deep enough to snag the bottom.

Cmp1

BANNED
I love using spoons, they're very versatile and I've caught pretty much every type of fish with them. This time of year, I would pick it up fast enough for it to wobble, maybe a foot off the bottom, and let it flutter back down. You're trying to imitate a dying baitfish basically. You could drag it behind a boat too, as long as you don't let go down deep enough to snag the bottom.

This,,,, also try a Swedish Pimple spoon for jigging,,,, my buddy swears by them,,,, silver with the red spinner,,,, I've never tried them but my buddy says he's gotten walleye and bass on them,,,, an ice fishing jig but my friend uses them all year,,,, only a couple bucks also,,,,

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/searchresults.html#Swedish pimple

Last edited: