The Repo Man came to my house last night

Hooch

After staying up late last night watching the game way to GO SEC.

About 1:30 a.m. There was a loud knocking on the door Scared me and the wife and kids Thinking this was one of those home invasions I grabbed my 9mm and went to the door there was a wrecker backed up to my garage door and a man telling me had a warrant to pick up my car I asked to see it and all he would point at a piece of paper and told me to give him the keys and open the garage door so he could get the car. At this point I was upset to say the lest knowing my payments were up to date. I asked him to leave until I could get a hold of the bank and see what going he refused and keep asking for the keys I told him no and let me see the warrant guess what it was not a warrant just a piece of paper with and address on it which was not mine I asked for his name and the company he worked for he refused and rushed getting out of my yard. What rights do a repo man have and what would you do

Ol' 30-30

That would tick me off......hope you find out and I'd definitely report him. Harassment??????

60Grit

After staying up late last night watching the game way to GO SEC.

About 1:30 a.m. There was a loud knocking on the door Scared me and the wife and kids Thinking this was one of those home invasions I grabbed my 9mm and went to the door there was a wrecker backed up to my garage door telling me had a warrant to pick up my car I asked to see it and all he would point at a piece of paper and told me to give him the keys and open the garage door so he could get the car. At this point I was upset to say the lest knowing my payments were up to date. I asked him to leave until I could get a hold of the bank and see what going he refused and keep asking for the keys I told him no and let me see the warrant guess what it was not a warrant just a piece of paper with and address on it which was not mine I asked for his name and the company he worked for he refused and rushed getting out of my yard. What rights dose a repo man has and what would you do

I would say the right anyone has, that is not in a LEO uniform at 1:30 in the morning, is to wait around until LEO could arrive, and face his trespassing charges because he was beligerent, at the wrong address, and refused to leave.

At least now you know that one of your neighbors is having a tough time financially,..:huh:

OutFishHim

I would have showed him that gun! They are not allowed to contact a person between the hours of 9pm and 8am. Just like a telemarketer can not call your house after 9pm.

Breach of the peace:

That means that the repossession agent in repossessing the vehicle cannot: forcibly remove you from the vehicle; stop you on the street or highway like a law enforcement arrest; enter a closed garage or your home; break into your house; create a disturbance such as a fight or other altercation; threaten any of the above actions; or pretend to be a law enforcement officer while conducting the repossession. If any of these actions occurred you should immediately report the incident to law enforcement authorities and contact an attorney.

Repossessions do not require a warrent because it is a civil matter between the bank and individual.

pnome

I don't think that was a legit Repo man. Sounds like a thief to me.

Hooch

If the car was was in the drive way they could of taken it with out knocking on the door and later realized it was the wrong car

Jranger

If the car was was in the drive way they could of taken it with out knocking on the door and later realized it was the wrong car

That would be the Icing on the cake!!!!
:bounce:
Think that guys bottom would tighten up like a snare drum when the LEO's stopped him for grand theft...:rofl:

Here's your sign...

bassfishga

Did he say what kind of car he was looking to repo? He might have figured it out when you did not have the model he was going to pick up. If they have that info.

Hooch

He never said what make or model just give me your keys and open the garage door. He did say he was sorry before he left like that did any good. I wished I had called the police before he left I did call them this moring to let them know what happen.

kuntrygirl

My thoughts exactly! I had a car to be repoed years ago and they did contact us around midnight. And the man was super nice. He let us know that he was looking for the car and wanted the address that it was located at (it was not as ours), and wanted to warn us that he was going to be getting it that morning. Your situation sounds like someone trying to steal a car! Especially if he wouldn't tell you which company he worked for...Sounds fishy!

big fish

A real recovery agent would never have done that. I would have to say thief ... How nice of a car do you have ?

I would have snagged him by the scruff of the neck, held him down and then slapped a paint brush that has been freshly dipped in Turpentine on his keester and watched him drag said keester across the lawn like a dog that has worms....wait, were we talking about a mangy stray dog or a repo man??

mickbear

why didn't you call the law? thats what their there for-- is scum bags like this

The AmBASSaDEER

Very fishy...

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

He would have been lying on the ground until a police officer got there. That is what I would have done. Sounds like a thief.

Hooch

He offer me card on were I could pick my car up at in the morning but i refused it knowing my payments were up to date.

Hooch

He would have been lying on the ground until a police officer got there. That is what I would have done. Sounds like a thief.

You just dont know what you will do when that type of issue happens to you I would of said the same thing yesterday. If I was to do what you said and he was a true repo man I would of been in jail