The rules of the challenge!

Arrow3

I had taken down the sticky with the rules on it because I figured everyone had them down since they had been up so long...I see there is still a need for them up here at the top of the page...

Woody's/GON Annual 2008 Turkey Challenge!

The rules are as follows.

** Members will be randomly drawn into 3 man teams.

** Each team will be able to enter a total of 6 gobblers...No more then 3 birds from one single hunter...Each team will be able to cull one bird and the top 5 birds will be the team's score. Jakes are legal to be entered.

** Total score of the bird will be determined by the total of the longest spur times 10 plus the longest beard. Multiple bearded birds will be of no advantage. Both the beard and the spur will be measured to the closest 1/8 inch. Always go to the small side..If the tape doesn't touch the next 8th refer to the smallest 8th..The sum of the scores of the top 5 birds entered on the team will be the teams final score at the end of the season.

** There will be a panel of 5 non-participating members who will accept/decline the turkey entries....Once I get 3 votes yes/no the decision is final....I will have no say in the decisions...The panel of 5 will remain anonymous..

** Gobblers taken anywhere in the US can be entered. To make it fair for everyone, the contest will run along with the Georgia season (March 22-May 15). March 10th will be the deadline to sign up to be on a team. You will have till 11:59 pm on March 17th to post on your "teams" thread with a picture uploaded from a camera...After that you will be subject to be replaced.

** No turkeys that are taken on guided, payhunts will be accepted.

** All members will have 7 days via the date on the paper to submit a kill. A current newspaper will be used to verify the date as in the bow hunting challenge. ...Also this year you may also verify the date of your kill with a cell phone...The date MUST be visible and CLEAR for all to see...The calendar on the cell phone is not acceptable...The pic must be of the front screen showing the time and date.

** Each member will need to submit 4 pictures per kill.

#1 -- Picture of hunter, turkey, and newspaper/phone. (make sure your face is in the pic)

#2 -- Close-up picture of the date for verification.

#3 -- Picture of the beard laying on a tape measure or ruler. Be sure to have the entire beard in the picture and have it close enough to read the measurement. Got to be able to see both ends of the tape...

#4 -- Picture of the longest spur on the ruler or tape measure. Have to be able to see the end or the ruler or tape..Ties will be broken by the longest beard of the tied teams...If still a tie, the longest spur length...If still a tie, the first bird entered in the contest will break the tie...
The picture of the beards and spurs need to be while both are still on the bird...Be sure to have the beard pulled out so we can see where the end of the ruler is...
No blurry or suspect pictures will be accepted.

Arrow3

Just a reminder.....