The truth about Jesus Christ

7. It is stated in both Testaments that there was a certain day that God was to have a Son and a certain day which He did have a Son. "The Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; THIS DAY have I begotten thee. . . . And again, I WILL BE to him a Father, and HE SHALL BE to me a Son. . . . And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith. And let all the angels of God worship him" (Ps. 2:7; Acts 13:33; Heb. 1:5, 6; 5:5-10; 10:5-14; Isa. 7:14; 9:6, 7). The word Father and Son have exactly the same mean when used of God as when used of men.

If Sonship refers to Deity then we would have to conclude that there was a certain day when the second person of the Godhead was born and before this day He was not in existence, but this is contrary to all statements in Scripture about Him. Therefore, we must conclude that Sonship refers to humanity and that before His birthday Jesus was God, but He was not man or God's Son and that as God He had no beginning, but as man He did have a beginning. The prophets foretold how God would become a man by being begotten, but not one ever said that a person would become a God by being begotten(Gen. 3:15; 49:10; Deut. 18:15-19; Ps. 2:7; 22:1-22; 40:7; 80:17; 89:19; Isa. 7:14; 9:6, 7; 11:1, 2; 42:1-5; 32:2; 53:1-12; Jer. 23:5; Mic. 5:2-4).
How does your belief differ from the Oneness belief?

Thread starter #83
The truth then is this; there were always three distinct and eternal persons unbegotten of each other from all eternity; that only one of these eternal persons of the Deity became a man and the Son of another of these eternal Beings by the power of the third; and that one took the headship part, another took the mediative part, and the third took the part of direct operation in the plan of creation and redemption of all things. It was in the plan of the Trinity to take these respective parts long before the plan began to be worked out.
It was predicted that one of the eternal Beings would become the Father, that one would become the Son, and that the other would take the place of direct operation to bring it about. This is why it was written of a certain day this was done (Ps. 2:7; Acts 13:33; Heb. 1:5, 6; 5:5-10; 10:5-14; Isa. 7:14; 9:6, 7). This plan was not carried out until the Holy Ghost came upon Mary, as in Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:31-35. Paul said in Gal. 4:4, 5 that God's Son was "made of a woman, made under the law." According to Heb. 10:5-14 God prepared a body for the second person of the Godhead in which He was to become incarnate, and it was this man that was born of a woman and was called "the Son of God." Hence, Sonship refers to humanity, not to deity. As God the second person of the Trinity had no beginning and was not begotten, but as a man He did have a beginning by being begotten of the Father through the Holy Spirit and through the virgin Mary. There is, therefore,no such doctrine in Scripture as the eternal sonship of Jesus Christ or that He was God's Son from all eternity. There is no excuse to teach some theory that is not stated in Scripture, even if it is commonly accepted as orthodox teaching.

The truth then is this; there were always three distinct and eternal persons unbegotten of each other from all eternity; that only one of these eternal persons of the Deity became a man and the Son of another of these eternal Beings by the power of the third; and that one took the headship part, another took the mediative part, and the third took the part of direct operation in the plan of creation and redemption of all things. It was in the plan of the Trinity to take these respective parts long before the plan began to be worked out.
It was predicted that one of the eternal Beings would become the Father, that one would become the Son, and that the other would take the place of direct operation to bring it about. This is why it was written of a certain day this was done (Ps. 2:7; Acts 13:33; Heb. 1:5, 6; 5:5-10; 10:5-14; Isa. 7:14; 9:6, 7). This plan was not carried out until the Holy Ghost came upon Mary, as in Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:31-35. Paul said in Gal. 4:4, 5 that God's Son was "made of a woman, made under the law." According to Heb. 10:5-14 God prepared a body for the second person of the Godhead in which He was to become incarnate, and it was this man that was born of a woman and was called "the Son of God." Hence, Sonship refers to humanity, not to deity. As God the second person of the Trinity had no beginning and was not begotten, but as a man He did have a beginning by being begotten of the Father through the Holy Spirit and through the virgin Mary. There is, therefore,no such doctrine in Scripture as the eternal sonship of Jesus Christ or that He was God's Son from all eternity. There is no excuse to teach some theory that is not stated in Scripture, even if it is commonly accepted as orthodox teaching.
What were the names of the three distinct and eternal persons before they "became" the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? This family of God?

Thread starter #85
What were the names of the three distinct and eternal persons before they "became" the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? This family of God?
All I can tell you is what say the Scriptures !

Exodus 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them.
3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM; and he said , Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the works of this law.