thermacell competition

Gaswamp

Guess their patent time run out. Don't know anything about this. Pretty cool that it is rechargeable. They got a small one but 3 1/2 hr runtime kinda short for turkey hunt, might work in deer stand. Be hard to beat regular thermacell. One of you guys that love to get new gear need to b a guinea pig and give us some feedback.

Gut_Pile

Might give the $40 one a shot. Being able to charge it in the truck or even with a small portable charger could be a big plus.

Huntinfool

Not having to keep fuel available all the time would be a big plus. Otherwise, it looks like the same thing. Heating element and a pad.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I like the idea . And if I still hunted in the south ga swamps I’d probably try one . Not many mosquitoes where I’m at , just plenty of ticks

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I quit using my thermocell 7 or 8 years ago, when I found out a little bit of peppermint oil or lavender oil sprayed on my hat and shoulders would keep skeeters, yellow flies, sand gnats, and horse flies away.
Mrs. elfiii swears by it. Outside of permethrin on my clothes and boots I don’t use anything but I’m above the gnat line. We’re eat up with ticks and chiggers up here.

ScLowCountry

I quit using my thermocell 7 or 8 years ago, when I found out a little bit of peppermint oil or lavender oil sprayed on my hat and shoulders would keep skeeters, yellow flies, sand gnats, and horse flies away.
I wish peppermint oil kept SC skeeters away.

1Brown

Nic how much of either oil would you put in small spray bottle