Thinking of building a contender for hogs

Rays123

if anybodys got a contender frame they wanna sale for a reasonable price PM me

hunter44a

Thanks Handgun. I like a 165 gr BTSP with H4895. Real accurate though I haven't shot anything with it.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
if anybodys got a contender frame they wanna sale for a reasonable price PM me

I don't have one for you, but I will keep my eyes open for one. They do show up from time to time.

I will also swing by my local pawn shop. Last time I was in there (which was a while ago, I will admit) they had a Contender with a .35 Rem barrel for sale. If they still have it, I am sure you could work a good deal with them.

Rays123

I don't have one for you, but I will keep my eyes open for one. They do show up from time to time.

I will also swing by my local pawn shop. Last time I was in there (which was a while ago, I will admit) they had a Contender with a .35 Rem barrel for sale. If they still have it, I am sure you could work a good deal with them.

sounds good let me know. ive been all around the canton pawn shops and no luck yet

Darrell H

Lot's of good choices mentioned. I see you've settled on a Contender frame. Have you settled on a cartridge/chambering for your first barrel yet? (yes, there will be more :biggrin2:)

Rays123

Lot's of good choices mentioned. I see you've settled on a Contender frame. Have you settled on a cartridge/chambering for your first barrel yet? (yes, there will be more :biggrin2:)

i think im goin with either a 30-30AI or 7x30 waters

Darrell H

You will be well served with either chambering. I have a 14" 30-30 AI and a 15" 7-30 Improved. I'm shooting 150 grain bullets in the 30-30 AI at 2400 fps into sub MOA groups. The 7-30 Improved spits out 120's at 2600 fps and is unbelievably accurate.

I would second what Darrell said ... 30/30 AI or 7/30 Waters would be hard to beat in a Contender format. I have three 7/30's and two 30/30's .... JAMES

Rays123

welp boys and girls i got laid off yesterday so the projects derailed for a little while:cry:

tv_racin_fan

Sorry to hear that sir.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
welp boys and girls i got laid off yesterday so the projects derailed for a little while:cry:

Dude, that sucks.

The great thing about the Contender format though is that you can build in stages. By the frame, barrel and furniture all separately and spaced out and it isn't as big of a hit to the wallet each time.

I hope you find a new job soon.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
:cry::cry: good luck on the job search

tred1956

Use a 17 Ackley Hornet and shoot them behind the ear LOL 35 Remington hard to beat.
Safe shootiing
Doug