"This Land"

Thread starter #1
Glad I never really was a BIG Gary Clark Jr. fan.

Never will listen to him again, youtube it.

Dub

Top Chef
Wrote a song an press releases that speak out about growing up black in the South and the various race-related issues he's witnessed.

At least that's what I gathered with a quick search.

His perspective. His music. My choice on whether I listen to it or not.

One statement of his was interesting.....said he'd like to unify his fans. Not sure if he's trying to educate them first....or what his angle is.

One of the things I enjoyed about watching sports.....or movies.....or music.....was to get a break from the politics and divisions. Now....it seems that many athletes and artists want to incorporate social climate change into their work. Sorta defeats the purpose of watching for me.

I don't care to hear "an average white guy" country music singer writing songs about being oppressed with reverse-racism as he grew up, either.

Less political statements in entertainment must be too much to expect these days.

Slewfoot

Last edited:

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
It's not about race or anything else,it's about the music,,,,granted keep your mouth shut,,,,play the music,,,,,

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ruger#3

He’s like many entertainers these days. Think his opinion matters more than the common man. They don’t get my money, could care less how talented they are.

Thread starter #13
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I wouldn't click on it if you paid me.

Paleo

For Gary Clark Jr., racism was a part of everyday life growing up in Texas. It’s something he rarely spoke about as he became one of the world’s greatest living guitar players, championed by everyone from Eric Clapton to Barack Obama. But the 2016 election and the subsequent policies of President Donald Trump changed that.
Never heard of him before but his bio says he was born in 1984 and grew up in Austin, the most liberal city in Texas. Almost half of his life was in "Bill Clinton and Barack Obama's America"

Don't know what he really feels but the recording industry, the media, and the mostly- white progressives who pay for his kind of music really eat that "woke" stuff up.

Ruger#3

:offtopic: I went saw the western Hostiles on the big screen after hearing about the cinemotography. It was absolutely breath taking art on the big screen.

The star of the movie opened his big mouth at an awards show recently demeaning GOP leadership. Made me regret my spend. I will never go watch another film with him in it. They really don’t get their opinion is no more relevant than any other persons.