This was Fowl-tasting

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bone-in chicken breasts soaked a few hours in a beer brine and cooked on the Akorn with some cherry smoke. Oven roasted taters, Hawaiian rolls. It were edible. I will use that beer brine again for sure.

bbqchicken.jpg

GA1dad

You know, I like pulled pork and ribs and brisket,,,,, but there is nothing better than good bbq'd chicken!!

Reactions: Dub

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Try real butter, Lowry’s seasoning salt, ketchup, mustard, maple syrup, lime juice, Texas Pete and worchester sauce.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Try real butter, Lowry’s seasoning salt, ketchup, mustard, maple syrup, lime juice, Texas Pete and worchester sauce.
You can lean more with the ketchup or mustard to make Georgia or Carolina taste.
Yeah, I make up several different kinds of BBQ sauce, from the classic NC vinegar sauce to GA/SC, or western styles. But, sometimes, I'm just too durn lazy to. :) I agree with your base recipe, except I can't stand maple syrup in bbq sauce. Molasses or cane syrup is good in there, though.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I bet it was.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Dude I swear, you should open a restaurant!

Bream Pole

Is the brine just beer? I like cane syrup best to sweeten BBQ sauce and if that not available molasses

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Looks to me like some fine fowl-tasting chicken. :rockon: I could eat the whole thing and never complain once about the taste. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Dude I swear, you should open a restaurant!
I'm way too slow and lazy.

Is the brine just beer? I like cane syrup best to sweeten BBQ sauce and if that not available molasses
Beer, water, kosher salt, sugar, garlic powder, and a couple other odds and ends. Basically a beer, 1/4 of salt, 1/4 cup of sugar, whatever spices you want to add, and enough water added to cover the meat completely.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
That looks so good!!!!!!!!!!!