Thomas county 2013

R and D

Any reports?? Sure is hot...I went and sat on one of our alyce clover plots sat evening and saw 7 does and 1 small buck...killed a doe just before dark

jimbar

Was the 12 point a 6x6? Are there any pics anywhere.

jimbar

Wow that's a heavy deer. Congratulations. Do you know when the rut usually is in western Thomas County?

jimbar

Thanks and good luck. I hope that 220 pounder spread his genes around a lot.

hortonhunter22

Western thomas if ya get a good front around thanksgiving they will be on there feet but r&d is dead on with the first week of December...the young bucks are moving well now by what I have seen at the processor last couple days...I see it's gonna be 32 Thursday AM...sounds like a good day to lay low in a deer stand!!

R and D

Its starting....had 3 good bucks running a doe tonight...one of the other guys that hunts with me also saw a buck chasing....best be in the stand.....

hortonhunter22

Id say if the forecast holds true and folks having a 4 day thanksgiving weekend, its gonna be a slaughter...this coming front should really boost big buck movement...deer have been gettin hit on 19 regular now, its time!!

GaNole

Great looking buck!! Congrats!! I am in sw Thomas. Hadn't seen hardly any deer for last two weeks. Killed a yote this morning.

hortonhunter22

good deal shayne...they have been running crazy out here last couple weeks!..looked like a big one that got hit by a car not far from where you are hunting too! the rut is on in thomas for sure...had 13-14 deer brought to the shop in the last 2 days!

shaynepaul708

Yeah saw that one hit big body for sure horns cut off when I saw him thought it may have been big ten but he was spotted this am at 545 by a friend I hunt about 1 mile North