Thomas/ Grady county

Tailfeather

Way to go lefty! I've seen more early rutting sign than normal too. Lots of scrapes, and daytime movement, etc. Had a 2.5 yo 7 point come through yest afternoon with his tongue hanging out, panting, and foaming at the mouth.

jimbar

I never knew there were bears in Grady County. Pointpuller, how far are you from Reno or Cairo?

joedublin

Tailfeather... what part of Grady are you hunting ? I'm starting to look around maybe for a new hunt club for next season....the powers in control of our land are starting to get to be not as friendly. Have seen only the start of one scrape on our land...really a slow season for us.

Pointpuller

Jimbar, we are in the very South part of Grady on the Ochlockonee River. Every 4 or 5 years we would have a bear pass through and we would see his sign or get a pic, then he would move on. Seems like they have set up on us this year. Every week I check trail cams and feeders they are there.

Tailfeather

I'm in Reno

southGAlefty

Way to go lefty! I've seen more early rutting sign than normal too. Lots of scrapes, and daytime movement, etc. Had a 2.5 yo 7 point come through yest afternoon with his tongue hanging out, panting, and foaming at the mouth.

Fun to see so early but I hope they hold off til December, I love hunting them around Christmas time. I've been sick all week since fooling with my buck in the rain Monday night. Typing this from the Drs. Office now so maybe they'll get me worked out and I can get back after them this weekend. Never tagged out with 2 good bucks, sure would be fun to try!

joedublin

Biggest one I saw this past weekend was a beautiful 6 point...he'll be a really good one next year ! Right now I need a big, fat, tasty doe for my freezer.

southGAlefty

Grunted up a 2.5 year old 6 pt yesterday morning. He was all bowed up walking in and made a scrape 100 yards out. Pretty cool, still not seeing any wide open chasing or anything. Mostly baby bucks nudging doe groups around some. Prob a couple weeks out still.

joedublin

Lefty....I think you've got it exactly right....Dec.10 has always been a lucky day for me in Grady County. I believe it's gonna be the same this year ! Hope you get a big one, too !

R and D

We are seeing lots of 2 and 3yo bucks trying to chase, don't think most of the does are ready yet, one of our members did jump up a shooter walking to a stand that was bedded with a doe. The next week should be really good...deff time to be in the stand in Thomas co

southGAlefty

Have heard of several very good deer coming from Thomas County this last week. I'm interested to see what the River Creek rut hunt this weekend looks like after its all said and done.

Pointpuller

Had my best sit ever on this property this morning South Grady. First light had a smallish 10pt almost give it up. 15-25 yds. for 30 minutes eating acorns. After he left a Yearling came trotting by with 2 does. A medium 8pt. came trailing them nose to the ground about 4 minutes behind at 35yds. Then a big 8 with 18" inside spread cruised behind me at 35yds. Next an old wide 6pt Ive got lots of pics of put on a show. He worked a scrape and then tore up 2 rubs. From 6:30-10:45 I had steady action all inside of 40yds. What a morning but this recurve hunting is tough!!! Never turned loose an arrow.

Tailfeather

Fantastic morning, pointpuller. Kinda fun with those trad bows, ain't it?

Pointpuller

Im having a blast Tailfeather but the freezer is getting low. I will be in same stand tomorrow with stick and string but my wife will be 30yds. from me in a ladder stand I set up for her after the wild sit I had last time. She is toting a little more heat. All four shooters from last Saturday will be in her range.

Tailfeather

I hear you. I hope both of you get one!