Thomas/Grady county

Jmk822

Day 2....no dice seeing any deer during the day. I've seen some nice ones at night on the cameras though.

bilgerat

Senior
hope they are in the chase phase next week, Im headed down to hunt River creek wma

Joelb07

Had a lot of action this past weekend then all of a sudden nothing. Been hunting all week. Haven't seen a deer since Tuesday morning.

southGAlefty

hope they are in the chase phase next week, Im headed down to hunt River creek wma

Supposed to have a front with some much needed rain push through our area Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. I'd put my $ on that being the thing that gets the ball rolling. That hunt is usually pretty good as long as the weather cooperates. Keep us posted on what you see, I've got some land not too far from there.

I will be there also. Got a Plan A, B, and C already. Kinda nice to live within 1/2 mile of the gate, and I suffered through some rough hunts in Sept and Oct just to try and get zeroed in on a couple of spots for this hunt. It will be my third rifle hunt there and really hope the weather holds. I hunt primarily across the road from RC, and so far, no serious rut behavior has been seen. The first of Dec is the time to be in the woods in this part of Thomas Co traditionally, just need some cold weather and this year, some rain.

bilgerat

Senior
I will be there also. Got a Plan A, B, and C already. Kinda nice to live within 1/2 mile of the gate, and I suffered through some rough hunts in Sept and Oct just to try and get zeroed in on a couple of spots for this hunt. It will be my third rifle hunt there and really hope the weather holds. I hunt primarily across the road from RC, and so far, no serious rut behavior has been seen. The first of Dec is the time to be in the woods in this part of Thomas Co traditionally, just need some cold weather and this year, some rain.

this will be My second hunt down there, Ive got a plan A and B, plan on getting My stand in one of the two this afternoon, Im looking for My rain gear this morn, haven't needed it yet this season so Im not sure where it is.:banginghe looks like the temps will be cooling off after the rain so I really stoked and hope there some rut action going on

Buckfever

Good luck guy's! A bad sinus infection may cause me to miss part, or all of this hunt and I sure was wanting to be there. Maybe the antibiotics will help me enough, so I can try it a couple times.

joedublin

I'll be up there in Grady Dec.7-13...I'll let you know what I see then....it should be good by that time. I'm after a 12 point that I've tried to get for the past 2 seasons.

bilgerat

Senior
saw 3 bucks at River creek in 2 1/2 days, 2 were 8 points , one at dawn and one at dark, they were alone just cruising , and the third was a young spike following a doe at 9:30 am., The second 8 was a big mature buck in the 130 range, too bad I had already filled My buck tag with first smaller 8:banginghe

southGAlefty

I killed a nice 9 this morning coming to a grunt looking for a fight. He had been fighting in the last day or so, had a fresh split ear that had not even scabbed over and a busted G3 that was still white inside. Weighed 190lbs on the dot. Y'all get in the woods if you can, it's happening.