Thursday night eats.....whatcha putting on the table ??

Dub

I've had a few days off and been putting off a project that needed doing. Got'r'dun yesterday and figured I'd relax today and do some cooking.

Fairly decent session in the gym this morning and hit a local fresh produce stand on the way home.

Family was still sleeping when I fired up the lump & pecan splits. Good for them.....Better for me...as that meant I could also fire up the kitchen/deck tunes loudly. I decided to keep the gym music rolling.

Went through the entire albums for the most part as I did my prep & cook work. Relaxing day for sure.

I've been a sorry hombre and not hit my local grill store in a while to pick up my favorite rib rub....therefore a substitute was used. Grabbed this one from Cabelas just before catching movie with my son this week. It was not bad.....but I'm gonna make it a priority to get the gold standard rib rub before next batch.

Two racks of baby backs and a smallish rack of beef ribs today. I needed to wake the beef ribs up with a few shakes of roostershire sauce before applying the Dizzy Pig coffee beef rub.

Into the smoke they went....

Waited a few minutes and hit 'em again with rubs.

Three hours later....225 with steady pecan smoke.....they were coming around and ready to be wrapped and finished.

Wraps were about the same for each slab.....

Pot of collards on as soon as the wrapped ribs were returned to the grill.

Squash & corn were prepped for additional sides......

ALL sides were seasoned to the cook's preference.....me being the cook and final word on said seasoning, lol.

Everything came out okay if I do say so myself. Great mid-day cooking time. Very relaxing. Looking forward to relaxing more this evening.

babybacks:

beef ribs:

Family dug in and tore it slam up and declared it fit to eat. I snuck away with a beef rib and some leftover butternut squash finished off with a divine sauce that I have to buy much more of......truly exceptional stuff, in my opinion.

Thanks for looking and please.....please.....post up yer grilling, cooking or other........

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I gots nutin' after Dub's post. Dog food soup and water compared to dat. facepalm:

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
I surrender Dub! Very impressive eats! We are having some hamburger steaks. Pics to come. Maybe.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Oh wow! I'm going home and throw my supper in the trash now

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Have Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fine:

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
HB steak.

Not quite on the level with Dub, but was tasty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 563

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Plated.

HB steak with mushroom and onion gravy. Smashed taters, cut some corn off of the cob and cole slaw.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 583

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks great from here Moonpie!

We had veggie nite.

Attachments

• DSC04739.JPG
    DSC04739.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 572

JHannah92

Ribs look great Dub. Never cooked beef ribs but they're on my to do list.

Moon that burger steak looks killer too.

Dub

Great looking eats in here last night, folks.
Well done !!!!