Thursday night Italian Dinner

HuntinJake_23

Had a craving for Italian tonight, so I cooked up some shrimp, mushroom, and bacon carbonara with linguini pasta. Toasted some garlic bread to go along with it. It was tolerable.

Attachments

• B13C4401-D3A9-471C-8C94-E585FAD4CE50.jpeg
    B13C4401-D3A9-471C-8C94-E585FAD4CE50.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DB2653AC-A32D-4304-AEEC-464488B998D9.jpeg
    DB2653AC-A32D-4304-AEEC-464488B998D9.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 64

naildrvr

That do look some kinda good.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks great!

HuntinJake_23

Pasta of your choice boiled in salted water until done. Drain and set aside. Cut up 5-7 pieces of bacon into 1inch cubes and start cooking in a skillet with about 2 teaspoons of olive oil. I put 4 cloves of minced garlic in right before the onion. Dice up a small onion and throw in with the bacon once the bacon is half way to crispy. I sautéed the mushroom separately, but you can throw the mushrooms in with the onions and bacon. Cook until onion and mushrooms are tender and bacon is somewhat crispy. Pour the past over the onions, bacon and shrooms. For the sauce it’s 2 eggs, 2 table spoons of heavy cream, a lot of black pepper, and 3/4 to 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Mix until combined well. Take the skillet off the burner and pour the sauce over the noodles and onions, mushrooms and bacon and stir well so you don’t scramble the eggs. It should coat everything and be smooth silky. I sautéed the shrimp separate and then put it in the pasta and mixed. I put more Parmesan and parsley on top. Here’s a video I got the idea from, it’s Laura Vitale... if you can stand her voice ?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man! Looks fantastic!!!!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Mercy sake's !

Dub

Whats not to love about olive oil, garlic, onion, bacon and shrimp recipes.

I see what you mean about her voice....definilty lowered the volume. :cool:

redeli

"Useless Billy Coach"
It was good...no pics though...would like to kick it up a notch next time...gonna experiment with it some...definite keeper...thanks for the recipe