Thursday Night Tournament @ Lanier

gahunter12

Lanier Harbor has started there Thursday night tournaments up again. This year its going to be a good old fashion night pot tournament. Its $45 to fish (includes big fish). Starts @ 7pm-11pm. 3 fish limit.

Last night was the first tournament which was a last minute thing that was put together. The director asked to notify all that would like to fish to come on out. What I mean by a good old fashion night pot tournament is there will not be a per say classic that you have to qualify for. The reason for this decision was if the lake drops to or below 1064 the tournaments will be over per the Core. The director talked with the fisherman last night and asked what we wanted to do about the classic and we decided to take the $5 per team each night that normally goes to the classic and put it in a pot for the biggest fish of the year. It will be awarded at the end of the year. I know this is not a true trail with a classic at the end but they put on a fun tournament each year and they ask for our opinions.

gahunter12

Scott @ Lanier Harbor puts this tournament on. We will put in at Lanier Harbor and weigh in at Lanier Harbor. You can come over by lake if you like. Scott puts on a great tournament and caters to the fisherman. He has befriended many of us over the years and it shows at his tournaments. I personally like to use the ramps there because some one is always there to watch over your truck and trailer while your fishing. Unless it changes before next week we will weigh in at the top of the hill at the new gas dock. That allows you to either pull your boat out and walk to the scales or tie off to the gas dock and walk up the ramp to weigh in. The old weigh in location over by where the old gas dock was has power hook ups but I think they have been disconnected do to the construction at the Harbor. Once they are done Lanier Harbor will be a nice place.

gahunter12

He will hold the tournament every Thursday except maybe the Thursday before 4th July. Weather permitting.