Thursday's dish

GA1dad

While I was making room in the freezer for two turkeys, I uncovered a forgotten stash of Brunswick Stew. It was a most welcomed surprise! Made some cornbread to go with.

20181108_183540.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Made up some cheesy/creamy stone ground grits. Browned some Conecuh sausage, and sweated down the Cajun trinity. Made a brown roux from the pan drippings, and deglazed it with some white wine, Crystal hot sauce, and Worcestershire, then whisked in some butter. Sauteed some jumbo shrimp in butter with my Swamp Dust Cajun seasoning and threw them on top. It was edible. Very edible.

shrimpandgrits.jpg

GA1dad

Gracious that looks good!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
While I was making room in the freezer for two turkeys, I uncovered a forgotten stash of Brunswick Stew. It was a most welcomed surprise! Made some cornbread to go with.

View attachment 948755

Hard to beat that right there!!!!!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Made up some cheesy/creamy stone ground grits. Browned some Conecuh sausage, and sweated down the Cajun trinity. Made a brown roux from the pan drippings, and deglazed it with some white wine, Crystal hot sauce, and Worcestershire, then whisked in some butter. Sauteed some jumbo shrimp in butter with my Swamp Dust Cajun seasoning and threw them on top. It was edible. Very edible.

View attachment 948771

Oh man!!!!!!! Awesomeness on a plate!!!!!!!!!