Tiger....Open Champ?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Don’t know how many of you are watching the open championship but Tiger Woods is in there and it brings me great joy!

My wife doesn’t like him because of his morals ........thinks he’s a pig.

I’ve watched him grow and absolutely LOVE watching him play competitive golf. He is the ultimate competitor and One of the best to ever play the game........ I feel very fortunate that I got to watch him do what he did and might do again.

I am kind of curious if anyone else out there is getting the joy out of watching him being back in the spotlight and at the top of the leaderboard.

GO TIGER!!!

Coenen

First, your wife is right.

Despite that, he's pretty much the only guy in the game who moves then needle for the "casual fan" when it comes to golf. In the years he's been down, the sport has failed to cultivate a "star" with 1/10th the name recognition of Tiger. American sports fans love a redemption story, and a win at The Open Championship would certainly help that narrative.

IMO, Tiger will never be the closer he once was, and he was never a come from behind guy. Maybe he stays close, but I doubt he'll win it. Tiger vs. The Field is a thing of the past. Either way, it'll get folks talking golf for a minute.

someguyintraffic

Lol Tiger sucks huh? You have 79 wins on the PGA tour and a bag full of major titles I guess? Lol

BornToHuntAndFish

Not likely, as usual.

someguyintraffic

He has come unraveled. A few bad swings will kill you at that course.

someguyintraffic

Tiger gave it a go.

Hes right there. He'll win again and a major.

His life went through a blender by his doing and he spent 2 years injuring himself playing. Just came off back surgery and was right there.

Tigers not done by a long shot. Top 5 best to ever tee it up.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Lot rather sit and watch grass grow than watch golf. not a spectator sport.

Ranks almost up there with soccer for me. But to each their own...
No offense, Coenen. I know we both would rather sit around watching a fishing pole on a boat!

someguyintraffic

Lot rather sit and watch grass grow than watch golf. not a spectator sport.

Lol the PGAwould beg to differ about your opinion with their yearly ticket sales.

If you rather watch grass grow why aren't you outside in the yard instead of here commenting on golf?:unsure:

someguyintraffic

I like to watch the guys that are masters at a difficult sport that drives me crazy most times I tee it up.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think he just lost his last opportunity to win a major. What some of those young guys out there now can do is amazing. Tiger was the best at one time, he is not getting any younger and his skills will continue to diminish.

Last edited:

Coenen

Ranks almost up there with soccer for me. But to each their own...
No offense, Coenen. I know we both would rather sit around watching a fishing pole on a boat!
Haha, none taken! I'll give just about anything a shot. Yesterday I got caught up watching Women's Rugby of all things. It's pretty darn entertaining.

Took me a long time to get in to soccer, it's a mess at first, but now that I can follow a match and make sense of it, it's a lot of fun. It helps that our home team understands that the American viewer wants wide open game play and scoring.

Golf is lost on me. Haven't watched since Tiger was on top. Maybe a bit when the kid from my college won The Masters.

walukabuck

Tiger not playing too much different than his prime. In the old days, he would sniff the top of the leaderboard and the rest of the field would fold like a cheap suit. Today's players could give a dern if he is Tiger Woods. Playing an even par round like he did today would have been enough to win by three strokes, now it's enough to lose by three. His invincibilty left when the world found out he was just another flawed human.

Jimmypop

I meant no offense traffic guy. It's just that I like watching ladies beach volleyball games much more than golf. I wouldn't care if they had a tournament every weekend...just like golf.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I meant no offense traffic guy. It's just that I like watching ladies beach volleyball games much more than golf. I wouldn't care if they had a tournament every weekend...just like golf.
And that womens rugby sounds pretty interesting too!