Tim Conway..

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
No disrespect intended...HE was the second funniest person I ever met....or knew of. When they filmed "They went that away...and that away" in Powder Springs and I got a "small" part and got to meet and hang out with him..it was AWESOME! That man never changed..on / off screen he never missed a chance at making someone laugh...even if it was just him. That's why Harvey Corman loved / hated him...it took 8 to 10 takes to get a scene in because he'd see something and just go off the wall and have everyone with in eye or ear shot rolling on the ground in pain. This world was a better place with him in it.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
No disrespect intended...HE was the second funniest person I ever met....or knew of. When they filmed "They went that away...and that away" in Powder Springs and I got a "small" part and got to meet and hang out with him..it was AWESOME! That man never changed..on / off screen he never missed a chance at making someone laugh...even if it was just him. That's why Harvey Corman loved / hated him...it took 8 to 10 takes to get a scene in because he'd see something and just go off the wall and have everyone with in eye or ear shot rolling on the ground in pain. This world was a better place with him in it.

So who was the funniest?

DannyW

1) Robin Williams..2) Tim Conway...3) Johnathan Winters..

I would have to agree with your assessment...

I like a lot of comedians today...Jeff Foxworthy and Ron White to name a couple. They are funny comedians but the three you mentioned were brilliantly funny.

Thanks Tim...you made my life a happier place.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
RIP. I got many a laugh from him on the Carol Burnett show, he was a funny man.
As for Robin Williams, I never could stand him and didn't find him a bit funny. Just don't like that style of comedy. I put most of Jim Carey's stuff in that same category.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Look up this video on YouTube: Carol Burnett Show outtakes - Tim Conway's Elephant Story

Tim Conway will have you on the floor. I can't post the video because Vicky Lawrence puts Tim in his place at the end.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think his midget skits, where he has half of his legs hid, were the funniest thing I had seen on TV.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I would have to agree with your assessment...

I like a lot of comedians today...Jeff Foxworthy and Ron White to name a couple. They are funny comedians but the three you mentioned were brilliantly funny.

Thanks Tim...you made my life a happier place.
All good comedians can make fun of life...those three could make fun of the moment to come..be three or four jokes ahead before one started laughing..one couldn't keep up.