Time for numbers on Lanier w/pics

Scout'nStripers

This week the fish were fired up with the full moon period. I fished Monday, Wednesday and yesterday. The bite just keeps getting better and better up shallow. A lot of the fish are making their final push to spawning areas and most fish are fat as mud. My plan this week was to hit the back of pockets very early and target fish with a sebile or jerkbait then hit the rocks with the crankbaits. After the sun starts heating up the shorelines I'm beating the banks back to spawning areas with shallow cranks, swimbaits on ballheads, chatterbaits and shakey heads. There are a lot of fish in 5 feet or less right now as water temps heat up into the upper 50's. It's starting to feel like spring out there and it's looking like the spawn is very close to full swing. On Monday I had a least a dozen fish, Wednesday we had 13 and yesterday the boat saw well over 20 fish for the day. Here's a few pics from the week. I included so pictures of a crawfish pulled from one of the fishes stomach. You can see the crawfish has just about finished molting which is what I suspected. We're getting to the end of the crawfish mating and molting period.
david.jpgdavid2.jpgdavid4.jpgdavid3.jpgdavid5.jpgdavid6.jpgmolt3.jpgmolt2.jpgmolt1.jpgjason.jpg

cumberland

Yesterday was the weirdest day i have ever had on Lanier. I am no expert on Lanier but i usually average 10 to 20 bass a day this time of the year on Lanier , over the last 8 or 10 springs. I couldn't buy a fish yesterday on crainkbaits, jerkbaits, swimbaits or finesse worms. Only caught 2 bass, and the person that won the tournament i was fishing caught 21 pounds. I dont know if i had a jinx yesterday or was just totally off on my patterns. I felt like a pretty sorry fisherman yesterday, what do you think?:p I will say i havent fished any this spring like usual, so i must be missing out on something.

DAWG1419

Yesterday was the weirdest day i have ever had on Lanier. I am no expert on Lanier but i usually average 10 to 20 bass a day this time of the year on Lanier , over the last 8 or 10 springs. I couldn't buy a fish yesterday on crainkbaits, jerkbaits, swimbaits or finesse worms. Only caught 2 bass, and the person that won the tournament i was fishing caught 21 pounds. I dont know if i had a jinx yesterday or was just totally off on my patterns. I felt like a pretty sorry fisherman yesterday, what do you think?:p I will say i havent fished any this spring like usual, so i must be missing out on something.
You wasn’t holdin your mouth rite::ke:

Scout'nStripers

Maybe you're just a little off on your patterns. Might be a good time to scout some new stuff if the old isn't producing yet. To be honest, I hammered them around the full moon but I was out for a while yesterday afternoon and caught 1. Back out this morning and caught 4 small fish. The thrill is gone..LOL