tipping guides

Nitro

Banned
Somebody would have to pay me $450 plus tip to hunt with Charles Snapp.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We ran into ol' Charlie in Jamestown, ND four years ago. He had a whole cadre of followers with him at the Grocery store.

We had been working on the birds pretty good......ol Charlie asked for some tips on where to go........one of my buddies said "North" and kept walking..:D

Snapp just looked at him and said "Don't you know who I am??"

:huh::huh:

DeweyDuck

Somebody would have to pay me $450 plus tip to hunt with Charles Snapp.

Now that's funny! Great line.:rofl Thanks for inserting a little levity in this thread!! FWIW I've never hunted with him and I don't know him. He was just the sample I came up with to try out my analogy. Nitro's experience says a lot about the man. BTW, $450 is waaaayyyy outa my league and the guides I've used who loved my $20 were just as good as ol Charlie.
P S: A case of 3 1/2" #4 Hevishot for your guide at the beginning of your hunt will do wonders for his attitude!!

Last edited:

jdgator

Again, I really appreciate everyone's input. I am booking with Cajun Fishing Adventures.

I think I'll stick to cash when tipping the guide. My wife makes homemade candles for as a hobby. They have cool packaging and make even the foulest bathroom smell like buttercream, wisteria, or honeysuckle. I'm planning on bringing some. Maybe one of the guides' wives is into them.