To the person who caused the accident on the downtown connector this morning

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My daily commute involves 23 miles of driving through hazardous locations like Pannell Community, Good Hope, and worst of all High Shoals. Some days I have to dodge deer, turkeys, and squirrels. It is a madhouse.

Seriously I would give up and be homeless if I had to drive towards Atlanta

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Pop,

I deal with the people on 575 also. Lately I do not get the folks where it rains and they want to go 10 miles under the speed limit. Another fun issue is with people not using blinkers.
You would if you make my drive lately where it pours rain and people won't slow down at all=hydroplaning=multiple car pileups=interstate shut down for hours. It's happened twice in the last two weeks.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Only stupid thing I've ever seen a truck driver do is get on the freeway with some of the most ignorant car drivers in the world around the ATL. I even watched a metrosexual in his Volvo misjudge a lane change on a rig one morning going down I-85. Pulled his on pit maneuver with the front end of that truck and the truck slid him about 100 yds down the pavement t-bone style. It was a miracle he didn't roll over him or flip him. I'm bettin that fella driving the volvo had some bad smells emanating from his seat as he was looking eye to eye with the front bumper and grill of a big rig.

Watched one of Atlanta's entitled cut off a rig on the west side of 285 one rainy afternoon. Caused him to lock it down and jack knife the rig. Fortunately no other cars were involved, but the jackleg that caused it just kept on going and I know that truck driver got put through the ringer by the DOT and LEO's and it wasn't even his fault.

Around the ATL it is rarely a truck drivers fault.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
You would if you make my drive lately where it pours rain and people won't slow down at all=hydroplaning=multiple car pileups=interstate shut down for hours. It's happened twice in the last two weeks.

I seen this week a little electric car in California ran over by a semi. A skate boarder in los angles ran over by a semi. A homeless persons camp ran over as rhe semi rounded the corner to sharp.
My wife is getting better at it. Next week we work on backing up.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Y’all should try driving a big red truck with lights and sirens loud enough to wake the dead, lots of people don’t know about merge right. They need to understand that we gotta get to the restaurant before our food gets cold.

sinclair1

Moron.

You cost me an hour and a half of critical production this morning, and wrecked my schedule for the entire day.

For the rest of the folks in the metro ATL - if you can't drive intelligently - take the bus or stay home. Most of you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car, anyway.
I intelligently got me a job 7 miles away. 25 years of that nonsense was all I could take. A couple of million is not enough to do it again.

NOYDB

BANNED
Drove dry box then reefer east of the divide. The worst drivers were in Boston, ATL had the fastest. I've been driving my car up 400 N at 90 and been passed by multiple cars going fast enough to make a whoosh as they passed. That's how 400 got the name all over the US as"The GA autobahn".

bilgerat

Senior
Worst drivers in Atl are on the southside.. I was coming up from the south last fall on the way home from hunting on a Sunday, I got on 285 from 675 and was cruising along in the right lane and this BIG tattooed black gal in the left lane decided she needed to get off at the exit that was rapidly approaching. She turned on her blinker and just yanked the wheel to the right at 65mph. she was driving a huge older car from the 70s and that car cut across 4 lanes and clipped a car causing it spin into two other cars. , She kept going WOT and slammed into a box truck that was exiting also. Her car got wedged halfway underneath the truck and they both slid off into the grass on the side of the exit. I pulled over to see if anyone was hurt and when the gal got out of her car from underneath the truck she went to cussing the trucks driver, She said "I had My blinker on and You shoulda give Me some room!! when APD showed up I was trying to tell them what had happened and she ran over and said "Dont listen to that **** white boy. he lie'n" She had no drivers license or Insurance and they put her in the back of the patrol car. She wasn't too happy!! I gave My number to the officer and left. Never heard any thing about it since.

GoldDot40

I'm lucky that I only drive 10 miles to my office. Then I drive my office about 350 miles around the Northeast GA mountains. 80000 lbs is 80000 lbs...but when 54000 lbs of that is a flammable liquid that emits explosive vapors, you tend to drive a little more defensively.

You would like to think people would be a "little" more courteous and respectful of a large rolling bomb. I mean, most people know what a fuel tanker looks like. Yet, I still get cut off, pulled out in front of, cars cross into my lane, and people on a 4 lane will jump in front of me and slam on their brakes while approaching a traffic light that just turned red.

All that happens in small N GA towns...I am thankful I don't have to drive around metro Atlanta.

Timberman

It is what it is. Find your zen or change your situation.

In the past I’ve had the most rural commutes imaginable and they had their positives. I currently split ATL wide open daily and it has its positives.

My commute is like the least of my 1st world problems.

sinclair1

It is what it is. Find your zen or change your situation.

In the past I’ve had the most rural commutes imaginable and they had their positives. I currently split ATL wide open daily and it has its positives.

My commute is like the least of my 1st world problems.
Like the positivity but outside of not hitting deer on the rural commutes, I don't see a positive to driving in Atlanta traffic.
My gas bill went from 400 a month to 60 a month, the stress went down and I don't need a new car every 4 years anymore.
Atlanta cars may show 100,000 miles but if you calculate run time it's more like 400,000 and they are trashed

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Only traffic been by here this morning was a tractor with a peanut sprayer.

Nice quiet morning.

When I first moved to the country 30yrs ago, my brother and I were sitting on the front porch and in 'bout an hour 5 tractors had come by, finally a pick 'em truck came by and my bro jumps up and hollars "Look, a truck..."

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Y'all can have all that nonsense around the ATL. I'm more than happy to live on my little dirt road in south Ga. I drive a lot for my job- 65K+ a year but it's nowhere close to Atlanta. Crazy/stupid drivers here too, just not so many packed into a small space