To the person who caused the accident on the downtown connector this morning

Hillbilly stalker

Reckon I been spoilt. Drove 2.8 miles to work with 3 stop signs in between my driveway and theirs for 25 years. I did get behind a few pulp wood trucks tho and a funeral procession or two. Ain't no way I'd live in the big city with you guys.

Timberman

Like the positivity but outside of not hitting deer on the rural commutes, I don't see a positive to driving in Atlanta traffic.
My gas bill went from 400 a month to 60 a month, the stress went down and I don't need a new car every 4 years anymore.
Atlanta cars may show 100,000 miles but if you calculate run time it's more like 400,000 and they are trashed

True that.

So why do people deal with the traffic every day? Something has to outweigh the traffic negative or logic says the people will leave. Among this collective are folks with resources to live anywhere they want.

Is it money? Lifestyle? Something else?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Most folks go where their jobs take them. I did the Atlanta thing for 3 years to get started, then the Savannah thing for about 5 before finishing most of a career in Athens. Retired 14 years ago and now Boneville is big enough and Dearing is too big.

sinclair1

True that.

So why do people deal with the traffic every day? Something has to outweigh the traffic negative or logic says the people will leave. Among this collective are folks with resources to live anywhere they want.

I drove down there for a lifestyle that wasn't available in cherokee county. Now that that stinking city has gobbled up my once peaceful town, the good paying jobs are now around here or kennesaw at the worst.

I guess the money available downtown could be a positive, but I am within 8k of where I was down there with almost Free health insurance, so call me smart, call me blessed or just don't call me, but I am on the positive side of life.

sinclair1

I suggest that folks who listen to Rush or live in the political forum before commuting to Atlanta, maybe try some Zanax. You're going to see scary Hillary stickers, wrecks and foreigners. It's part of life in the big city.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
How long to make the perimeter into a wall?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
True that.

I deal with an 80-mile round trip every day because I am pretty much dirt poor and there are no jobs out here in the woods where I live that I can make any money. I make the drive because I couldn't stand to live in the city instead of out here in the woods.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I drive my personal truck 60 ty miles a week. To work.
Now I drive the semi 3000 a week on average.
Kind of funny I make my money driving now.
They pay great and me & my wife do it together now.
We see a lot and eat st great places together.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I only drive thru Atlanta now, when I am headed to South Georgia, which is about 6 times a year. I usually end up going thru in the morning during peak traffic, and my time on getting through can vary wildly. What I dont understand is how people prepare to get to work on time? Do they just leave 2 hours early and hope for the best.

sinclair1

I enjoy talking to old guys as they have wisdom to share. This new generation of old guys, which I belong too, can't even handle traffic accidents without having a meltdown. Go talk to a depression era or baby boomer and life will come into focus.

Last edited:

eshoremd

What about the idjet that drives the semi that won’t move over or stop to let u merge.

**** sounds like you don't get the concept of merging. So you want us truck drivers to drive our rigs and your car for you?

Try using your gas and brake pedal.

Typical clueless fourwheeler.

LTZ25

I'm retired and split my time between Fayetteville and Sinclair and I laugh at a little bit of traffic on hwy 16 or a 75 year old doing 45 , I did 65 years around that arm pit and only the last 55 were bad .

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
**** sounds like you don't get the concept of merging. So you want us truck drivers to drive our rigs and your car for you?

Try using your gas and brake
pedal.

You should just slow down and let me in.

sinclair1

Try using your gas and brake pedal.

:rofl::rofl:Nah man, he's a useless eighteen wheeler, real useless