Tom Kelly & Cuz Strickland Hunting Together

Gadget

Did anyone see that on the Mossy Oak DVD?

It was hoot listening to Tom say if his father heard how Cuz was calling so loud and often he would turn over in his grave........lol.

Tom read a chapter from the TL.

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
No but I'd sure like to
HHH

H

HT2

Didn't see it........

But anybody named "CUZ" can't be all bad........... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

goldentrout

Got to see both of them in Nashville this year. Two great men to talk to about hunting. I have most of Mr. Kelly's books now with the exception of The Season which is sold out. I think I will get the CD for The Season as one of my next purchases. To hear him read his books adds so much to them. If you have not read any of his books they are a must read for any turkey hunter!!! :flag:

short stop

I have heard them & met them all at shows over years of going'' like I need some more stuff :eek: '' REAL NICE FELLAS --- I have heard lots of people make the same stament like '''' Man you call loud '' or ''that guy calls loud and to much '' --most of them are pardon the phrase ''OLD SCHOOL'' . I have been beat the turkey woods for 20 yrs now and I cant call or hunt like my grandaddy --He called very little and very softly--- usually walking up on his birds to shoot them --SS

Spitdevil

Soft, infrequent calling is always BETTER! That is what made Ben Lee great! Sounds like your grandpa and Ben Lee were from the “stealth mode” school of turkey huntin’.

Randy

I saw the show several months ago. I have the book by Tom that he was reading from. I also have The Season on CD. Let's just say Tom writes better than he reads.

gblrklr

I saw that show on the Outdoor channel a while back. I thought it was one of the best I'd seen. It wasn't the usual stuff. I have several of Mr. Kelly's books and he is a very gifted man. What video is that episode on? I would like to buy it.

DaddyPaul

Mossy Oak Extreme Spring 7! Watched it today and about started crying when Mr. Kelly read the chapter about his pal that passed away! I kinda got choked up seriously, maybe I am a wimp?

turk2di

Gadget said:
Did anyone see that on the Mossy Oak DVD?

It was hoot listening to Tom say if his father heard how Cuz was calling so loud and often he would turn over in his grave........lol.

Tom read a chapter from the TL.
Got the CD! Truly a treat :cool: