Top facilities

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
The east has been a joke, but either way, you have to get through the west to matter. Who cares about winning HALF the conference? Nobody outside that fanbase. The east is about to be good though. Said that this time last year.
Who cares about winning "half" the conference? EVERYONE in the East! You can't get to the Championship game unless you do it!

I get it.. As a Vol, you wouldn't know what it's like to win your division.. Heck, it's taken 2 years to figure out how to win and SEC game, period!

BuckNasty83

Awwww......So cute when the bottom feeders of the conference find a list that makes them happy.

Last time I checked, this is the only list that matters this time of year:bounce::bounce:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/
Clemson sure it's doing more with less
Hmmmm... Come on Bucky.. Now you are changing your tune. When I bring up anything past the current season you say this.

So why do you want to talk about the last 10 years of Vols sucking? If it's only about here and now then my statement is correct. The last 2 games we have played the Vols, the scores are UGA 79 and Vols 12.. If that's not OWNING, what is? :rofl:
It is what it is. The past 10 years have been bad. But i'm not going to dwell on it

BuckNasty83

Who cares about winning "half" the conference? EVERYONE in the East! You can't get to the Championship game unless you do it!

I get it.. As a Vol, you wouldn't know what it's like to win your division.. Heck, it's taken 2 years to figure out how to win and SEC game, period!
Actually you need to win the conference. Not half of it. That's one reason why yall got pushed out of the playoffs.

Anyone Vol fan under 12 may not, but any dog fan under half a century don't know what it's like to be a national champion. Least we still remember what that's like

QuackAttack101

Clemson sure it's doing more with less

Nobody said they weren't. I'm just saying if facilities are everything, how did y'all manage to go WINLESS in the conference two years ago? Yes, y'all lost every conference game. How is that possible with such amazing facilities? I just don't understand. I have a good friend who's a UT fan and I don't even like to talk trash to him anymore because I truly feel sorry for him. He's also a relatively smart guy and doesn't talk trash to me because he knows his team is garbage.

I see how bama, clemson, ohio state, and countless other fan bases have room to talk trash, but vols fans? Come on man.

You're so scared the Dawgs are going to win it all because you will have no argument left once the "we've won a natty since y'all have" is no longer relevant. Enjoy it while it lasts man. After that, you'll be calling slayer daddy for eternity.

BuckNasty83

Nobody said they weren't. I'm just saying if facilities are everything, how did y'all manage to go WINLESS in the conference two years ago? Yes, y'all lost every conference game. How is that possible with such amazing facilities? I just don't understand. I have a good friend who's a UT fan and I don't even like to talk trash to him anymore because I truly feel sorry for him. He's also a relatively smart guy and doesn't talk trash to me because he knows his team is garbage.

I see how bama, clemson, ohio state, and countless other fan bases have room to talk trash, but vols fans? Come on man.

You're so scared the Dawgs are going to win it all because you will have no argument left once the "we've won a natty since y'all have" is no longer relevant. Enjoy it while it lasts man. After that, you'll be calling slayer daddy for eternity.

Because we haven't had a coaching staff that could develop talent. We didn't even have a real strength coach. Those facilities helped bring in back to back top 5 classes though that was a top 10 team until injuries piled up. Almost every single one of Butches players had a injury, multiple injuries, or season ending injuries. He also got cocky and lost a lot of top talent to transfer, or kicked them off the team. And we even had 3-4 guys who were starters that had to retire from football all together because of health problems. Butch recruited high caliber players, but he didn't seem to be developing talent after year 3. Not only that, he was just taking talent and not really matching them to scheme. Nor did he have a proper strength and conditioning routine for the team. And it finally showed up. we have a all american right now that may have to retire due to blood clots. Yall outside the fanbase don't really know what's going on. Or the real problems that set us back 2 years ago. Butch built us up and tore us down in 1 year because his ego got too big. There's more but I won't waste my time pointing out facts cause it gets dismissed here as excuses.

We spent the money to bring in an all-star staff for Kiffin. Got burnt and then got scared and we went conservative with Dooley and Butch. I still believe Butch will rebound 1 day. He was so close here, but so far away at the same time.
Now we have cleaned the program from the top and gotten serious about football again. Yall call it overpaying when we're actually just getting serious. Besides Chris Weink, we have a pretty dang good staff here now.

So no, ya'll need to enjoy what you have right now cause UT is serious about football again and Fulmer will do what it takes to get us back to prime.

With that said, I love football probably more than anyone here. Ive coached little league until this year so I can make my sons games and practice. And I'll always bleed orange, but the older I get, at the end of the day, I could honestly care less anymore. I will remain humble in victory or defeat and I'll pick at yall and keep things going just for entertainment. But the NFL is a joke and I dang sure don't let these teenage thugs in the NCAA have any impact on my life. Life goes on either way. I get more satisfaction watching my son play than any other team or any championships can bring. He's only in 7th grade right now, but he's already got the HS varsity coaches on him. Plays RB and LB and the way he's dominated throughout his little career, if it carries over to high school, which it will. I'm assuming he'll eventually get recruited at some level. That's truly where my heart is with football. All this other stuff, we have no control of. It's purely entertainment and something we're attached to.

dirtnap

I saw a documentary one time on the facility’s at Oklahoma State. The Oklahoma State that T. Boone Pickens pours money into. It was pretty incredible at everything they’ve got but you see how many wins it’s got them

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Does this thread have a topic? If it does I would like to comment on the topic.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Yes, everything about Slayer sucks. Feel free to jump in
Too bad “Slayer sucks” is head & shoulders above “Vol Suck”...

Slayer sucks=MAGA and 12-0 in the East
Vol Sucks=Trailer parks, EBT cards and 2 straight years of 5-7...

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Because we haven't had a coaching staff that could develop talent. We didn't even have a real strength coach. Those facilities helped bring in back to back top 5 classes though that was a top 10 team until injuries piled up. Almost every single one of Butches players had a injury, multiple injuries, or season ending injuries. He also got cocky and lost a lot of top talent to transfer, or kicked them off the team. And we even had 3-4 guys who were starters that had to retire from football all together because of health problems. Butch recruited high caliber players, but he didn't seem to be developing talent after year 3. Not only that, he was just taking talent and not really matching them to scheme. Nor did he have a proper strength and conditioning routine for the team. And it finally showed up. we have a all american right now that may have to retire due to blood clots. Yall outside the fanbase don't really know what's going on. Or the real problems that set us back 2 years ago. Butch built us up and tore us down in 1 year because his ego got too big. There's more but I won't waste my time pointing out facts cause it gets dismissed here as excuses.

We spent the money to bring in an all-star staff for Kiffin. Got burnt and then got scared and we went conservative with Dooley and Butch. I still believe Butch will rebound 1 day. He was so close here, but so far away at the same time.
Now we have cleaned the program from the top and gotten serious about football again. Yall call it overpaying when we're actually just getting serious. Besides Chris Weink, we have a pretty dang good staff here now.

So no, ya'll need to enjoy what you have right now cause UT is serious about football again and Fulmer will do what it takes to get us back to prime.

With that said, I love football probably more than anyone here. Ive coached little league until this year so I can make my sons games and practice. And I'll always bleed orange, but the older I get, at the end of the day, I could honestly care less anymore. I will remain humble in victory or defeat and I'll pick at yall and keep things going just for entertainment. But the NFL is a joke and I dang sure don't let these teenage thugs in the NCAA have any impact on my life. Life goes on either way. I get more satisfaction watching my son play than any other team or any championships can bring. He's only in 7th grade right now, but he's already got the HS varsity coaches on him. Plays RB and LB and the way he's dominated throughout his little career, if it carries over to high school, which it will. I'm assuming he'll eventually get recruited at some level. That's truly where my heart is with football. All this other stuff, we have no control of. It's purely entertainment and something we're attached to.

Buck, I dont think yall have one yet. Chaney is a better hire than Pruitt. The guy does not have the "it" to be a head coach. He has not got along with the other people on the staff. wherever he has been. Yall gonna get better under him, but in my opinion. you never gonna be great with a coach that kicks the chalkboard out from under one of his assistant.

Tmpr111

Buck, I dont think yall have one yet. Chaney is a better hire than Pruitt. The guy does not have the "it" to be a head coach. He has not got along with the other people on the staff. wherever he has been. Yall gonna get better under him, but in my opinion. you never gonna be great with a coach that kicks the chalkboard out from under one of his assistant.

I’ll respectfully disagree, I think Pruitt is doing a great job and is capable of being a great HC.

Last edited:

brownceluse

I’ll respectfully disagree, I think Pruitt is going a great job and is capable of being a great HC.
I’ve got to disagree. He is capable but lacks the self control to finish. Saban loses his marbles but when he does he’s coaching. Always teaching. Kirby is similar to Pruitt to me. I’ll be honest the jury is still out for me on Kirby. I’ll know more about Kirby the HC this coming season. Lots of rumors out there that Kirby is hard headed and had his hands all in the offense play calling. If that’s true we’ll see much of the same with Coley. One thing Kirby is better than Pruitt and more Saban like is keeping his staff under control. Pruitt likes to fight and all that does keep Divison. But Kirby can out recruit Pruitt with both hands tied behind his back.

Tmpr111

I’ve got to disagree. He is capable but lacks the self control to finish. Saban loses his marbles but when he does he’s coaching. Always teaching. Kirby is similar to Pruitt to me. I’ll be honest the jury is still out for me on Kirby. I’ll know more about Kirby the HC this coming season. Lots of rumors out there that Kirby is hard headed and had his hands all in the offense play calling. If that’s true we’ll see much of the same with Coley. One thing Kirby is better than Pruitt and more Saban like is keeping his staff under control. Pruitt likes to fight and all that does keep Divison. But Kirby can out recruit Pruitt with both hands tied behind his back.

I’ll respond after JP’s 3rd year :)

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We did not wait till CKS third year, and I dont want to hear about how we were stacked with talent. We had very little on either LOS, we had a few skilled players, because that is all CMR recruited. I did not see much improvement from year one to year two under Pruitt, and his recruiting at UT is pathetic at best. CKS brought bout 15 5*'w in his first 3 years, and it is big news if Pruitt brings in One. The OL deal is great for UT, but the fact is we did not have any room for OL's this years as we already have 5*'s backing up 5* there. What we did need was DL and we got what most recruiting services are saying were the best 3 DL in Tennessee.

BuckNasty83

What Smart started with and Pruitt walked into is far from similar. Yall wasn't even close to the mess he's facing in year 2. He was also at a recruiting advantage starting out. Kirby was brought in at just the right time. Pruitt, in hindsight was hired a year too late. Ga has better in state talent, had more depth and overall talent and coming off a 10 win season, not to mention no drama like UT had been surrounded by and the botched up coaching search. Comparing the 2 is honestly laughable. Your fair in most of what you say Brown, but your dead wrong on this subject.

As for improvements, Pruitt did make improvements. It's not in the win loss numbers, but statistically. He also beat 2 ranked teams and had a very, very, very tough schedule. He didn't get worse the wins remained the same, but they was higher caliber wins with a much tougher schedule than Kirby, or ther previous schedule of Butch. The defense gave up less points and less yards and that improvement was made transitioning to a 3-4 without a 3-4 defense and multiple injuries on both sides. WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH GUYS TO FILL POSITIONS FIR THE SPRING GAME. Yall have no clue how big of a mess this is.

If anything, Kirby did worse fir the single fact he dropped in wins from Richts previous year. He kicked a chalk board? OMG EVERY coach does that stuff. But he also teaches the kids after every mistake and is always harping on what to fix, what went wrong, why, and how to fix it. Even when we win he talks about what was wrong and what needs to improve. He is a perfectionist and he is a teacher at heart, literally.

We can get in a spitting contest all day about who is the better coach and recruiter. But fwiw Pruitt enhanced the Bama D after Kirby left, he enhanced yalls D, and he did it at FSU and got a NC. Look at FSU after he left. Yes, it's the offense too. Look st the Bama D after he left. And the UT vs GA game this year was much closer than what yall want to admit. It was only like a 12 point game until late in the 4th when we turned it over. That was with hardly any talent. Compare that to the year before when yall thumped us at home. Yes, Pruitt has improved us.

Recruiting is poor? Lol that's funny. Since when is a top 10 class horrible? Especially after a 5 win season. He's taking 2 of the best o lineman in this class which are both 5*. Ther former #1 player in the nation RB Quavaris Crouch before his injury. And he's going to make him a LB. That's pretty impressive. We're waiting for one of the top LBs Henry To'oto'o, and 5* WR George Pickens and 5* OT Darnell Wright. 5* DT transfer from Michigan He also took a top LB last year and has the #2 QB for next year. And took a transfer from Bama but he was injured in first game. Hes filling holes and he's attacked recruiting perfectly for our needs and has balanced that with transfers and top jucos. Yall must be very out of touch with Pruitt in general, recruiting and Tennessee. Very disappointed in your lack of familiarity and assumptions here.

Oh and both the lower rated freshmen he started in the defensive secondary/cb last year led the nation amongst other freshmen of higher caliber at the same position. Guess being a defensive guru and secondary coach has its perks afterall.

Now I was finally excited in 16 with Butch and ran at the mouth a little to get in yalls heads and celebrate the win streak. I wasn't excited for Pruitt, but he's earned my trust and respect to this point and I think too many are looking past him and I'm going to enjoy serving crow around here before long

Last edited:

brownceluse

What Smart started with and Pruitt walked into is far from similar. Yall wasn't even close to the mess he's facing in year 2. He was also at a recruiting advantage starting out. Kirby was brought in at just the right time. Pruitt, in hindsight was hired a year too late. Ga has better in state talent, had more depth and overall talent and coming off a 10 win season, not to mention no drama like UT had been surrounded by and the botched up coaching search. Comparing the 2 is honestly laughable. Your fair in most of what you say Brown, but your dead wrong on this subject.

As for improvements, Pruitt did make improvements. It's not in the win loss numbers, but statistically. He also beat 2 ranked teams and had a very, very, very tough schedule. He didn't get worse the wins remained the same, but they was higher caliber wins with a much tougher schedule than Kirby, or ther previous schedule of Butch. The defense gave up less points and less yards and that improvement was made transitioning to a 3-4 without a 3-4 defense and multiple injuries on both sides. WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH GUYS TO FILL POSITIONS FIR THE SPRING GAME. Yall have no clue how big of a mess this is.

If anything, Kirby did worse fir the single fact he dropped in wins from Richts previous year. He kicked a chalk board? OMG EVERY coach does that stuff. But he also teaches the kids after every mistake and is always harping on what to fix, what went wrong, why, and how to fix it. Even when we win he talks about what was wrong and what needs to improve. He is a perfectionist and he is a teacher at heart, literally.

We can get in a spitting contest all day about who is the better coach and recruiter. But fwiw Pruitt enhanced the Bama D after Kirby left, he enhanced yalls D, and he did it at FSU and got a NC. Look at FSU after he left. Yes, it's the offense too. Look st the Bama D after he left. And the UT vs GA game this year was much closer than what yall want to admit. It was only like a 12 point game until late in the 3rd when we turned it over. That was with hardly any talent. Compare that to the year before when yall thumped us at home. Yes, Pruitt has improved us.

Recruiting is poor? Lol that's funny. Since when is a top 10 class horrible? Especially after a 5 win season. He's taking 2 of the best o lineman in this class which are both 5*. Ther former #1 player in the nation RB Quavaris Crouch before his injury. And he's going to make him a LB. That's pretty impressive. We're waiting for one of the top LBs Henry To'oto'o, and 5* WR George Pickens and 5* OT Darnell Wright. 5* DT transfer from Michigan He also took a top LB last year and has the #2 QB for next year. And took a transfer from Bama but he was injured in first game. Hes filling holes and he's attacked recruiting perfectly for our needs and has balanced that with transfers and top jucos. Yall must be very out of touch with Pruitt in general, recruiting and Tennessee. Very disappointed in your lack of familiarity and assumptions here.

Oh and both the lower rated freshmen he started in the defensive secondary/cb last year led the nation amongst other freshmen of higher caliber at the same position. Guess being a defensive guru and secondary coach has its perks afterall.

Now I was finally excited in 16 with Butch and ran at the mouth a little to get in yalls heads and celebrate the win streak. I wasn't excited for Pruitt, but he's earned my trust and respect to this point and I think too many are looking past him and I'm going to enjoy serving crow around here before long
Try and get your point across in one maybe two paragraphs. I just can’t read all that.... go Dawgs

Tmpr111

We did not wait till CKS third year, and I dont want to hear about how we were stacked with talent. We had very little on either LOS, we had a few skilled players, because that is all CMR recruited. I did not see much improvement from year one to year two under Pruitt, and his recruiting at UT is pathetic at best. CKS brought bout 15 5*'w in his first 3 years, and it is big news if Pruitt brings in One. The OL deal is great for UT, but the fact is we did not have any room for OL's this years as we already have 5*'s backing up 5* there. What we did need was DL and we got what most recruiting services are saying were the best 3 DL in Tennessee.

Wow. POST OF THE NEW YEAR!!! This couldn’t be farther from the truth! Wooooooooooowww!!!!!! You’re going to say bc of a lack of LOS the programs were comparable when taken over by the two? Cmon!!

CMR had a loaded team and KS walked into a very strong program just two years removed from a goal line play of the National Championship game. CMR wouldn’t have lost his job at 98 out of 100 other schools. Kirby also has a worst record the CMR in his first 3yrs! UT was BROKEN!

Chubb, Michel, L. Carter, I. McKenzie, Javon Wims, Roquan, Bellamy, Terry Godwin, Ledbetter, Isaiah Wynn, deondre Baker, Trenton Thompson...

In fact, I bet many don’t even know those dudes were CMR’s recruits!! I’d be worried about how many of KS’s guys are being coached up. OH and Coley is OC bc he’s Kirby do-boy.